Tuesday, May 08, 2012

5/8/12 Tuesday Praise the Lord, we got rain. It came late last night and looks to be maybe a half inch at a guess. Don’t know because the rain gauge we bought was plastic and didn’t last a month under this West Texas sun. It was enough to leave a small puddle at the end of the drive. I hope to get on the tractor today and take advantage of the ground being wet. Will disc up just about everything. Need to buy some more diesel for the tractor to do it. Fortunately Cherie gets paid today. I am not working for the friend in Odessa because this farm has been untouched at this most vital of times for farming, spring. It is a tough decision to make as we desperately need the money to pay bills but if I don’t plant there is no hope for a future harvest, so I will trust in God to help us. I have managed to get one of the hundred yard rows we installed drip irrigation in planted with watermelon seeds. That job we started the company for ended up burning most of our week up last week, with me running around trying to fix loose ends with the dim hope we would be paid for even a small portion of the jobs we did. What a disappointment that turned into. We invested a thousand dollars of money we didn’t have to spare along with hundreds of miles and weeks’ worth of hours for what looked like a great business opportunity we could grow a company with. My frustrations continue. I am frustrated with Christians who choose to look down on me, I am frustrated with being surrounded by opportunities I am unable to reach out and grab, I am frustrated by so many things as I watch the world falling headlong into destruction. And few seem to even be aware of how close the end of life as they know it is. America is fed a diet of empty entertainment that keeps them distracted from what is happening right in front of them. With that my sense of urgency to prepare, to build a farm that is self-sustaining and able to feed others, increases, along with the message God put in my heart for the churches and those who call themselves followers of Christ. John the Baptist was such a prophet, crying “Make straight the way of the Lord” and preaching a gospel of repentance. In no way to I compare myself to him, but the message is the same. Do you really believe in God??? REALLY??? Do you really believe that one day you will stand before God and will be judged??? So many have been told a fairy tale that there is no accountability, that if they “Got saved” then everything is fixed and they can do anything they want without fear. That is not what the bible says. That is the “tickle your ears” message that is popular, because it doesn’t challenge or threaten anyone’s faith. The cold hard fact is that we will be judged on what we do, or do not, do. You see what you really believe is proved by the life you lead. You can say what you want but what you do shows the truth of what you believe. I gotta go farm now. As I write the Spirit of God stirs in my heart. Remember folks, I was dead and now am alive. Literally dead, growing cold and on the way to the morgue. In Luke 16 Jesus told the story of a rich man and Lazarus, where he said “Even if someone rose from the dead they will not believe”. What I know for sure, from great personal experience, is that God is and God is a rewarder of those who do good. You may question that looking at our life and how rough it has been but my reward will come when I stand before the judgment seat of Christ. Bye now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say end times are coming. I think you viewpoint is severely corrupted by your shortcomings. You need to look in the mirror, be honest with yourself and accept your limitations and make do with what you got. And ease up on the paranoia.

Anonymous said...

You say end times are coming. I think you viewpoint is severely corrupted by your shortcomings. You need to look in the mirror, be honest with yourself and accept your limitations and make do with what you got. And ease up on the paranoia.

Bob Westbrook said...

What a strange comment. More of an attack on who I am, and sure is familiar in it's wording. I do believe it's one our old church "friends" who so desperately needs to understand what Jesus meant when he said we should love our neighbor as much as we love ourselves. As usually they attack from anonymity, hiding in darkness and avoiding the light. God knows who they are so when I pray for you, for your well being and spiritual health God can anwer.

Bob Westbrook said...

So as usual I study what others write, dissect it so to speak. "My viewpoint is corrupted by my shortcomings". What shortcomings are they referring to? My viewpoint is the news stories I read and what the bible says. Not sure what shortcoming would corrupt that because the world situation is pretty apparent. Then there is the accept your limitations and make do with what you have thing. Kinda like they are saying to not try and to just stay poor. There is a definite bitterness and desire to not see us succeed revealed in that. God has plans for us and they are for good, not bad.