Monday, December 12, 2011

Truth???

A picture of the winter wheat and rye we planted

12/12/2011 Monday
Ahh, Monday, the start of another week. We are halfway through the month of December and getting ever closer to the start of a new year. Cherie and I have both been fighting off a cold so are taking plenty of vitamins along with exercise and eating right. That plus a little prayer, which I am sure does more than the rest.

Cherie’s laptop picked up a nasty virus three days ago. I spent all day yesterday fighting it, going online and learning different ways to get this Trojan completely off of her computer. That fight is still going on this morning but I feel that at least I have a handle on it. The Trojan shows itself as “XP antivirus 2012” and pretends to be a windows product that has discovered all kinds of nasty infections on the computer. It then wants you to install it and if you try it tells you where to go to pay for the better version that will actually work. None of it works, all of the infections were placed there by the virus in the first place. Unfortunately this also means that a keylogger program is installed along with the serious possibility that all passwords have been compromised.

This Trojan made lots of changes to her computer, labeling every program as infected and thus stopping them all from working. I closed out her laptop and opened it up in safe mode. From there I was able to get online and download spyware programs to remove this. The first spyware program found it but didn’t make it go away, despite saying it did. The second one would not run in safe mode and when I went to regular mode was instantly infected so would not work at all. It almost seemed like there was someone on the other side watching my every move and countering them as I tried each technique learned from my other computer. I restored to earlier dates several times, ran spyware, thought I had it beat, and then it all showed up again, with a vengeance. Worked on Cherie’s computer from 9:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night nonstop Sunday. Nothing else got done.

Finally I went to Malewarebytes, one of the many programs recommended, and downloaded it. That program worked while the laptop was in safe mode and discovered 18 infected files. Those were removed but even after they were taken out I had to deal with the changes made to Cherie’s computer that kept me from going online or using any of her programs, including the Malewarebytes program. I posted to several computer forums and got an answer on how to correct that this morning. Now I’m running the Malewarebytes program and it has so far found 6 infected files, so the fight continues.

Meantime there are many other things I need to pay attention to. I applied for a job Saturday as a maintenance person for a storage locker. I explained my desire for something with flexibility to allow me to continue ministering at jails and prisons, along with my need to operate this farm and was assured that this job would allow it so went in to fill out the application.

Just filling out the application turned out to be quite interesting. I haven’t held a job since I woke from the coma ten years ago. When the lady learned that previous to that I ran three companies at the same time, all of which I had founded, with well over a hundred employees, and was applying for a job that paid only ten dollars an hour sweeping floors and cleaning up, she sat there looking at the application in silence. I told her about the accident, and how blessed I was to be alive. We will see what happens, it is in God’s hands. We got our electric bill and it is over 200 dollars. Cherie’s new job is part time and she doesn’t even make that in a week. It’s important for me to find work that pays. I’ve worked on this farm and house for five years but that hasn’t paid much. Like it or not I have difficulties from the brain injury but would hate to give up the dream we have to make this a working farm.

The tire is going flat on the tractor. I have a five gallon air tank for filling it up but that big tractor tire needs a whole lot of air. This little tank would probably require ten or perhaps twenty trips to fill that tire back up where it should be. I have a nice compressor our nephew gave us to bring here when we first moved but never hooked it up. Finally got an electric motor that should work on it but running and hooking up electricity is one of the many tasks I have not gotten to. Here I am surrounded with the reminders of my deficiencies, surrounded by so many uncompleted projects, things started but never finished. With a little help I could do wonders but a little help is hard to find out here.

The ground is wet so this would be an ideal time to hook up the single plow blade and make the trenches needed to place drip irrigation pipes in the ground for next spring. Wet ground is rare out here for sure. On one of our walks Cherie and I were out where I had planted the winter wheat and rye grain. Both of us were astonished at how many rabbit droppings there were. Now I understand why the wheat and rye never went very far. It’s been feeding rabbits for the whole area. It is all still there but at ground level with nothing more than an inch tall.


As Christmas approaches my thoughts turn again to those at that little church in Stanton. We pray for them every day, that they would recognize the blatant hypocrisy they so willfully displayed and be restored to a correct relationship with God. I wonder if they read this blog at all and if they do how they might interpret what I say. Odds are they would see it as me being bitter and vindictive, speaking words of poison to get even, and thus further justify their actions. This is the way of people, who always want to see themselves as righteous and often refuse to recognize any fault within. So here is a simple question for them, Does God desire for you to love or despise your neighbor? Actually I have a lot of questions. Does God desire separation or unity? Isn’t that which causes division from the devil and not God? Which is most pleasing to God, to talk about someone or to actually sit down and talk with them?

Of course what they did hurt us, and the idea that they smugly believe what they did was right really digs it in deeper. Do I want to hurt them back? No. I pray for them because I understand that we all must answer to God for every word we speak, and I also know, from Jannie’s own words, that we were not the first to be so treated. What a dangerous road she treads, and leads others to follow, judging in the name of the Lord that which they ought not to even touch. I sometimes send copies of blog posts to Jannie but have no idea if she even looks at them. I on occasion send her a note explaining that we love her and are praying for her. Does she see them or just automatically delete anything that has my name on it? I don’t know for there is no contact with our brothers and sisters in Christ from that arena. How I long to talk with them, to heal this rift caused by gossip and judgment. Ephesians 4 says “Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

One of the reasons I talk about this so often is it was not an isolated example. Throughout the church in America, there is an increasing incidence of this kind of judgment and rejection. With that comes a great increase in false teachings and doctrines as well. I understand that nothing that happens to us happens by accident. In these last days God has raised many to stand up and speak out for true righteousness, to stand against this great falling away from the truth. Who am I? you may ask. I am nobody, the smallest and least in God’s kingdom, but I am His child and small as I am do know right from wrong. Who are you to deny what you know is the truth? There is a way which seems right to a person but the end of that way is death. The one who knows what is right to do, and does not do it, to him (and her) it is sin. If you go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of truth there no longer remains a sacrifice for your sin, but a certain, terrifying judgment.
There are so many spiritual lessons our dogs provide me. I watch as they fight and play, sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. But there is always that jealousy displayed, and the desire to be the top dog, to be recognized as dominant. How often I see this same spirit displayed in people. The desire for everyone to look up to you, and to bow before you, acknowledging your position of importance, is the central tenant of pride.

What is the truth? That God so loves us He sent His only son to die for our sin. Love is to be the hallmark of our faith. What is Love? True love is demonstrated in actions, not empty words, true love requires sacrifice on a personal level. True love gives, not takes. True love accepts others, not rejects. True love draws in the lost and needy but hypocrisy soon becomes evident and brings those who see it to flee. This is the danger I fear for many, for if by your actions others who could have accepted Christ as their Lord instead reject Him, their blood is on your head.

Several times now others have called me a prophet. I am not happy about that and not keen on such a title at all. Such a thing I would never declare that about myself. We have seen way too much falseness and deception performed by those who claim to be prophets, and make good money along with getting lots of accolades in the process. What does a true prophet of God do? He/she leads others to live lives more pleasing to God. They point out the sin and falsehoods others practice. And they seldom are popular because of that. I am a servant, nothing more. I hear God because I listen and study His words. I see what is clear to see but wonder why others can’t.

Here is a scary scripture I was shown two days ago. It is found in Ezekiel 13. Why is it scary? Because there are many these days who’s actions follow this pattern.

Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, 2 "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy from their own inspiration, 'Listen to the word of the LORD ! 3 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Woe to the foolish prophets who are following their own spirit and have seen nothing. 4 "O Israel, your prophets have been like foxes among ruins. 5 "You have not gone up into the breaches, nor did you build the wall around the house of Israel to stand in the battle on the day of the LORD. 6 "They see falsehood and lying divination who are saying, 'The LORD declares,' when the LORD has not sent them; yet they hope for the fulfillment of their word. 7 "Did you not see a false vision and speak a lying divination when you said, 'The LORD declares,' but it is not I who have spoken ?""' 8 Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, "Because you have spoken falsehood and seen a lie, therefore behold, I am against you," declares the Lord GOD. 9 "So My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will have no place in the council of My people, nor will they be written down in the register of the house of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel, that you may know that I am the Lord GOD. 10 "It is definitely because they have misled My people by saying, 'Peace !' when there is no peace. And when anyone builds a wall, behold, they plaster it over with whitewash ; 11 so tell those who plaster it over with whitewash, that it will fall. A flooding rain will come, and you, O hailstones , will fall ; and a violent wind will break out. 12 "Behold, when the wall has fallen, will you not be asked, 'Where is the plaster with which you plastered it?"' 13 Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, "I will make a violent wind break out in My wrath. There will also be in My anger a flooding rain and hailstones to consume it in wrath. 14 "So I will tear down the wall which you plastered over with whitewash and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation is laid bare ; and when it falls, you will be consumed in its midst. And you will know that I am the LORD. 15 "Thus I will spend My wrath on the wall and on those who have plastered it over with whitewash ; and I will say to you, 'The wall is gone and its plasterers are gone, 16 along with the prophets of Israel who prophesy to Jerusalem, and who see visions of peace for her when there is no peace,' declares the Lord GOD. 17 "Now you, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people who are prophesying from their own inspiration. Prophesy against them 18 and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Woe to the women who sew magic bands on all wrists and make veils for the heads of persons of every stature to hunt down lives ! Will you hunt down the lives of My people, but preserve the lives of others for yourselves? 19 "For handfuls of barley and fragments of bread, you have profaned Me to My people to put to death some who should not die and to keep others alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies.""' 20 Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against your magic bands by which you hunt lives there as birds and I will tear them from your arms ; and I will let them go, even those lives whom you hunt as birds. 21 "I will also tear off your veils and deliver My people from your hands, and they will no longer be in your hands to be hunted ; and you will know that I am the LORD. 22 "Because you disheartened the righteous with falsehood when I did not cause him grief, but have encouraged the wicked not to turn from his wicked way and preserve his life, 23 therefore, you women will no longer see false visions or practice divination, and I will deliver My people out of your hand. Thus you will know that I am the LORD."

Then in chapter 14 Ezekiel speaks of those elders and leaders who have set up idols in their hearts yet still come to seek God. “Then some elders of Israel came to me and sat down before me. 2 And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 3 "Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts and have put right before their faces the stumbling block of their iniquity. Should I be consulted by them at all ?”

It goes on to spell out clearly the price prophets pay when they decide to speak with those who, despite knowing they are doing wrong, (for it says “these men have set up their idols in their hearts and have put right before their faces the stumbling block of their iniquity”) still come to the prophet, and you can even say the pastor for they are the representatives of the Living God, and as for a word from God. What is the warning from God to those who represent Him and speak in His name? 10 "They will bear the punishment of their iniquity ; as the iniquity of the inquirer is, so the iniquity of the prophet will be, 11 in order that the house of Israel may no longer stray from Me and no longer defile themselves with all their transgressions. Thus they will be My people, and I shall be their God,"' declares the Lord GOD."

What does this mean? It means that if you allow a person to continue doing wrong, coddle them and refuse to speak God’s mind on the matter, you bear the responsibility and will pay the price for that other persons sin as if it was you doing it. The scriptures are clear in many areas concerning this. It says “let not many of you become teachers, knowing you bear a stricter judgment”. This is found in James chapter 3. How I fear in my heart for the so many who do not take their walk with God seriously, who’s religion is a matter of convenience. The time is coming when we must all answer to God.

I’ll close with this. James goes on to talk about our tongues, how they are full of bitter poison. With our mouths we praise God and talk about all kinds of good religious things, but with the same mouths we put down others, and talk bad about them. For some the idol we have in our hearts and put right before our face, is ourselves, and thus we are blind to what is right in front of us. Here is the final scripture from that same chapter in James Who among you is wise and understanding ? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. 18 And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.


Jesus tells us to judge by the fruits of our actions. Do our seeds bring peace and love? Or do they bring discord and strife? We are all to examine ourselves, every day, look to see if there is any evil thing in us so that we can root it out and thus remove those things that cause separation between us and God.

The young man at the Stanton jail asked me if I had a church. Sure I do. You are my church and everyone I can share the love of God with is the church. They are not MY church, for no one owns a church, not the true church of God, for we are all a part of that family, that kingdom that has existed thousands of years, and we all serve the one true God.

No comments: