Thursday, October 02, 2008

Stiff and sore

10/2/08 Thursday
I knew I would be stiff and sore when I got up this morning so it’s starting with a pain pill. Hate to take them but like to work so that’s the trade off. I had Cherie review what I wrote yesterday as I usually do when I mention others. She wasn’t thrilled with it but didn’t suggest I change or remove anything. I just don’t let go and keep stirring the pot but in my mind it’s always better to be honest and open, to not hide what you feel. However I am resisting writing a whole essay on things and have been for months now.

I help the old man today, Lord willing and providing both of us are up to it. I’m fine so far. Yesterday I found a home for one of the stoves and a kerosene heater he needs to get rid of. The other stove is in too bad of a shape for anyone so will end up in the landfill. There is a TV in a beautiful wooden cabinet that makes a fine piece of furniture, it works fine so if any of you know someone who would like it email me at bobcarver2@yahoo.com . The price is right, free. Pay for the gas and I’ll deliver it.

That’s all for now. I’ve got an hour before I help old man so will get some garden stuff done. Yesterday Cherie told me we had lots of green beans coming in and picked some. It was a surprise to me but shouldn’t have been. I don’t know if I looked at them and just forgot but the last I remember is they were all little plants just starting out. When I went out and looked they have climbed to the top of the trellis and in my mind it’s like they did it overnight. Of course I can watch a movie or a TV show that I know I saw a month or three before and it’s all brand new to me, though I may remember a scene or two when they come on. That’s life with short term memory loss. I’ve noticed that it’s more of the visual memories I have a hard time retaining. I can remember a conversation often times but can’t put a face to it.

By the way, there is a new website on traumatic brain injuries I’d like you to check out in my quest to help raise awareness of this injury. This week they talk about injuries sustained by concussions in youth sports that would be advisable for any of you with active kids to read. It’s also good information for coaches and others who are involved with youth activities.

Nuff said for now. Got to go.
=====================================================
I hurt. I look at something I know I shouldn’t try to lift and do it anyway. Nothing new there but as always there is a price to pay. I called the old man, told him I was done for and came home. Cherie just called to let me know her car key won’t turn again so I’ll have to run up there and see if I can fix it. This used to happen a lot until I told her she needs to not be in a hurry when she parked the car, to let the steering wheel relax before she pulled the key out. That stopped the problem till today. I’ll have to take a pain pill and lay down before I do anything else.

No comments: