Monday, November 22, 2010

Another balancing act

This morning there was 93% humidity and a misty fog blanketing the ground in a neat looking layer.

11/22/10 Monday
Today Cherie starts her new job. Sure there are the jitters that come with any change, with the unknown, but we know this is God’s provision. What we also know is that our enemy will work to disrupt our lives anywhere he can, so I understand when problems arise. There are some who seem to think that being a Christian means you don’t have any problems, and if you do it’s your fault, you must not be right with God. Idiots. I know that “All who live Godly, in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution” so if you don’t have any problems there is something wrong. At the same time, if you are practicing things that are not pleasing to God, He will try to get your attention, try to bring you back to the right path. God is a Father, the ultimate Father, and as such He will spank us when we need it.

This is the oil well across the street. Just as this fog hides the details of the well so do others hide their hearts and sins, fearing exposure. But God sees it all and the time will come when all that is done in darkness will be exposed.

Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, 6 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." 7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8 If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10 Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Today will be another balancing act, the ever going contests of what is more important to do, what can be delayed, what can’t. There are walls to tear out, there are bible studies to be created for the two new believers at the jail, there are plants drying up outside that will die if not put in the ground, and there’s a letter I need to write, one I’ve been putting off for quite some time now. Plus I need to figure out the best way to shut the water off to the bathroom. That’s not going to be easy and has the greatest potential for disaster. It will require me crawling back underneath the house after I turn the well off.

Pastor Jannie just called to let me know she has found two bibles that are written in easier language to understand than the King James versions they have at the jail, so I’ll pick those up today. It’s hard to believe how fast time is flying by this morning. Already 10:40.
Here's where the old tub was. All of these walls must be torn out and replaced.
By the way, things went ok at the Stanton thanksgiving church thing. Some were surprised to see me and I held my tongue well. When one came up and said he was glad to see me I came close to being a problem by replying “Really?”. The pastor told me he was glad to see me and I just said “Ok”, resisting the urge to say “I’m sorry, Shouldn’t you be shaking the dust off your feet!” referring to his statements, and literal actions, in a previous conversation. I was a little late so sat in the most available spot, on a pew with only a single woman on it. I still don’t recognize faces and she turned out to be my cousin’s wife. He returned and sat next to her, helping me realize who she was. My cousin didn’t say a word to me, no surprise, and avoided even looking in my direction, but his wife was gracious and spoke to me after the service had ended. That was nice, and a little refreshing. I still pray for them all, pray that they learn the truth, that they learn what it really means when Jesus instructed them to “Love your neighbor as yourself”. What I know is that God has seen this all and desires change, desires to see all of His children acting out of love and forgiving one another.

No comments: