Monday, April 11, 2011

Building up, or tearing down?

Smoke from grass fires

4/11/11 Monday
Another week starts. The wind still blows along with the sand it eternally moves around. There was a cold front that came through so it’s a chilly day. I have to stop getting distracted by this internet game I started playing as a way of communicating with my youngest son. Now it’s a time waster and I don’t have time to waste. Still communicate a little through the Farmville game but not through this one.

So much work to do. Cherie helped by making a list for me and I’ve added to that list. Really need to get organized. The world is going downhill fast and it will be biting us soon enough. Probably a lot sooner than most people think. There’s a fire coming folks, a fire that will burn everything that can burn. All mans works will be tested. What can be shaken will be and only those things built on firm foundations will remain. The need and urgency to get this farm going, to put in greenhouses and a rainwater harvesting system, increases every day. With that we see a dramatic increase in self deception, in those who think they are doing fine but aren’t. It always amazes me how blind people can be to themselves, totally unaware of their sin, but it makes me wonder about myself too. Am I blind to things I am doing? There are times I’ve hardened my heart and persisted in an action, knowing it was wrong but determined to continue in it. This is a dangerous place to be. Really dangerous. There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end of that way is death. That’s a proverb but for some reason the internet bible study tool I use to look up scriptures isn’t working so I can’t say where it is found.
You can see the many types of pepper plants I put in yesterday.

We know someone who quoted “The eye is a window to the soul” as a bible verse but I searched the entire bible, every sentence that uses the word eye, and found it isn’t there. She thinks it is and feels it justifies her “Ability” to look in someone’s eyes and make judgments about who they are and what their faults are. We pray and fear for her, for this haughtiness, this prideful looking for the faults in others, with the ensuing judgments, tears at God’s heart and is so opposite of how He desires for us to live. Plus, when you think you can, and have the right to, look at someone and determine their inner soul and thoughts, you are playing with the occult and opening yourself up to deception. Only God knows the secrets of the heart, and He knows them well. In Mathew 6 Jesus said “22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
Here you can see how sand has gathered over and covered some of the soaker hose I have out with the hope of getting some of the Bermuda grass seed to grow. Won't be long you can't see it at all
This doesn’t indicate that we can look into someone’s eyes and see their innermost thoughts, in fact it talks about just the opposite. What you look at, and how you look, determines what’s inside you. There’s a scripture that describes people who’s “Eyes are full of lust” and tells of how that will bring destruction. I can spend my time looking for others faults, instead of looking for what’s good in them, and what I choose to look for, along with why I look for it, fills me with either light or darkness. Thus the eyes are a lamp to the body. Ask yourself, are you spending your time building up, or tearing down, with what you choose to see and the words that ensue.

Nuff said. Too much to do to write so bye

No comments: