Thursday, March 24, 2011

Got a job

3/24/11 Thursday
It’s a little chilly this morning. There is much on my mind and I wrestle with what I can talk about here, and what I should not. What I won’t reveal to you I’ll put in the private journal so there is a record of it. That’s done so back to writing this journal. I’ll be heading out to the woodcarving job I got. Looking forward to it and there’s no doubt that it’s another provision from God. As always just in time and I’m sure it will be just enough. Not sure how long it will take but it’s important to take my time and do a good job.

Elizabeth Taylor died yesterday. It’s all you hear on the news and there are many special programs being produced to honor her. I know she was famous and rich, but I see things differently than most. Someone we know recently had a five year old girl they knew killed in a car accident. Elizabeth lived a long full life and the five year old girl had that future stolen from her, but they are both dead. Death I am familiar with. There’s not many who can say “been there, done that”. I used to wear a t shirt that said “death is certain, life is not” and that was in the day I wasn’t living right. Far from it, I flirted with death back then on a regular basis. When you really understand the uncertainty of life, that we all will stand before the living God and be judged, it should make a difference. All the chasing after wealth and temporary good times, in the end means little.

I’ve had someone “hint” (cause they so far refuse to talk directly with me so prefers to talk about me, while I am there) that I am full of bitterness and unforgiveness. Based on what? A two minute conversation? I may not smile much and am generally a pretty serious person, not taking life lightly, but I’m not full of bitterness. We have experienced much heartache at the hands of those who wear the label of Christian, but I’m not bitter over it. I have an abiding sadness at what I see around me, lots of lost lives heading for bad ends, and great hypocrisy unrecognized by those practicing it. When you see through the eyes of Jesus, the eyes of God, it can be hard.

Jesus spoke clearly when He directed His attention on those who were in positions of leadership, and who, while in that place of responsibility, led others astray. There was no hinting around, it was direct and plain, with no mistaking the meaning of His words. He spoke in parables often, knowing that only certain members of His audience would be able to understand His message.

2 Timothy 4:1 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom : 2 preach the word ; be ready in season and out of season ; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine ; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

This is a clear instruction. In order to reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction, you must sit down and have a conversation with people. To sit in a room and talk about some unnamed person who doesn’t conform to whatever standard, while that person is sitting there, disgraceful. Jesus is all about the light shining in darkness, clear truth and honesty, nothing hidden or disguised.

I also strive to bring life, and see much joy and happiness, taking pleasure in seeing those who’s decisions are wise and heading in a right direction. I suspect that the prophets of old were seen as bitter people, always pointing out what was wrong. That’s why they weren’t popular and often were killed by the people around them. Leadership in particular didn’t like them. Jesus is a perfect example of this. The ones who hated Him the most, grated hard against Him, and plotted His death, were the religious leaders of the day. In their mind they were somehow justified in their actions.

Time to get my tools out, sharpened, and on the road. Sorry for ending on a less than positive note, but I deal with reality, not the fantasy many strive to believe, and that often isn’t fun.
========
Working on the counters was harder on me than I thought it would. After two and a half hours my pain level was so high I had to call it quits. There was no lifting heavy weights or anything difficult like that, it was just the way I had to stand and sit. It’s like when I wash dishes. That kills me much more than shoveling a whole load of horse manure into Cherie’s truck and then shoveling it back out, though that hurts too. I’ll go back tomorrow and hope to finish the job.

No comments: