Monday, February 12, 2007

Gonna be a good day.

2/12/07 Monday
It’s going to be a good day. In fact from the weather it will be the last good day for about a week. There is a cold snap coming tomorrow. We did have some thunderstorms roll through last night. I woke up sharp so that is a good start. Today I plan on installing the sink that Amy brought up for us. Hope that goes well but it will be touch and go because the current plumbing, which I have to tie into, is so decrepit. The first thing I’ll do is crawl under the sink and carefully measure and map this out so I can purchase the right stuff the first time. I’ll have to replace everything including the cut off valves. The first part of that job will be to shut the water off at the well. That will reduce the possibility of flooding the whole house. Wish me luck.

If that goes quick and well I think I will plant some more of the winter wheat and start working on making garden and flower beds for all the seeds we have been gifted with. I know that Cathy, Cherie’s sister, will have some seeds for us when we go up to Toledo. That is just nine days away providing we don’t have a blizzard to drive through. Not in a hurry, will be as safe as I can.

So I’m going to get moving, won’t spend anymore time writing this. Fill ya in later providing I’m still sharp. Cherie fixed a killer breakfast of eggs and grits to get me off to a great start. Come back later for more updates on this post. I’ll add to it as the day goes on.

The days gone and I’m just now getting to this. I got the old sink out with lots of prying, hammering, and sweating. That sucker weighs a ton. I went to Lowes to buy the plumbing stuff to get the sink hooked up. It wasn’t good. I didn’t really know what to get and for that matter anything about plumbing anyway. As I looked at the rows and rows of stuff on the shelves I began to overload. This is nothing new though it doesn’t happen as much as it used to. Basically I have a hard time processing all the information around me especially when there is stress added to the equation. It is often a trigger for a partial seizure as it was in this instance. A salesman asked if I could use some help. I tried my best to explain what I needed and he showed me some valves and stuff. I bought them and left, heading straight home. By this time I had lost some of the control over my right leg so walking was difficult.

I managed to get the valves on after turning the water off at the well. Didn’t get much else done. Cherie and I went back to the store to get some PVC stuff I should have gotten the first time. We had dinner at a restaurant after and came on home. I hope to finish up the sink tomorrow. Not a real good day today.

1 comment:

Nate~ said...

dont worry you will have a blizzard to deal with :P