Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Feeling better

I’m doing much better. I guess someone somewhere prayed for me. Sometimes these periods of depression last for days and weeks but today it was just a few hours. I still look at everything I need to do and everything I haven’t done and shake my head. But I don’t feel like giving up anymore.

I met Cherie for dinner at Rosa’s after poop scooping. She mentioned that the air conditioner on her truck wasn’t working very well. She had laundry to do at the laundrymat across the street from Rosa’s and I wanted to use her truck to pick up some pallet’s from Ronnie’s so I followed her over. Her air conditioner doesn’t just not “Work very well”, it doesn’t work at all, not even a little bit. NUTS. Usually you can here when the compressor switches on but that’s not happening at all. If it just needed some refrigerant I can do that but it seems to be more than that. I left her my truck to drive home after she finishes the laundry because it has air, and drove her’s home. Now I’m fixin to go online and learn about air conditioners. I handled the fuel pump well. It took seven days but it got done and works. Air conditioners often require special tools so I may not be able to work on it. I’ll find out.
================================================
After reading online that recharging the air conditioning system might solve the problem I rushed to Midland to get some refrigerant before the auto parts stores closed. Didn’t have an idea when they close but it was 9:30 when I got there. I had the system charged by 10:00 and took it for a spin down the road with high hopes it was fixed for the $19.00 price of the refrigerant. No. Not going to happen. It blows air that is hotter than what came in the open window as I drove. Now we are looking at maybe three hundred or more dollars to get it fixed. Not good timing with the hundred degree temperatures. At least it’s cool for Cherie’s drive to work in the morning but coming home will be hell. I told her she can use my truck but she said she preferred to tough it out with hers. Just one more thing in the Westbrook saga. That’s life. I’m tired and need to get some rest so I can get up with the sun and get to work. It doesn't seem to do much good but I'll keep trying.

No comments: