Thursday, October 15, 2009

I am bothered.

I am bothered. Turned the TV on and started to watch the show “Flash forward”. We had started watching it before and it was one of the few shows on TV that we could find any pleasure in, but not today. As I watched my thoughts turned to world events and the things happening in this country too. I get regular updates from many watchdog organizations that keep track of everything from agricultural issues too the spread of Islam, and it makes me aware of just how deep corruption has spread within our government and around the world. So sitting and being entertained makes me feel like Nero fiddling while Rome burned. Only I’m no Nero and he caused the conflagration he fiddled too. But the world is a slow fire and our country is being eaten from the inside with a cancer fed by greed and power. It seems that the people of America are being lulled hypnotically to sleep, distracted by mass media entertainment that feeds us lies and half truths and keeps our minds on what is not at all important. But that is nothing new, it is the entire history of mankind and the result of ease and wealth mirrored over and over again by every great civilization that has existed. But this time it is following a predicted path. The prophesies of the bible are becoming clear like objects revealed as a fog lifts. The countries and governments, along with religious systems have been called out by name and they are becoming evident as they rise to through the mist. So while this happens we worry about our jobs and positions, about what others think of us, and about having a good time and being entertained.

So I turned the television off. God isn’t interested in that. There are more important things to do than just vacate my mind in front of that box that spouts ideologies I don’t agree with, yet accept because it’s on the TV. I find myself laughing at jokes I don’t think are funny, and find myself being corrupted by it, being fed that which I object to. It’s a powerful medium, a pulpit that many now use to preach their “gospel” through. Their “gospel” is death in the eyes of God. But it’s just what the bible said, “In the last days men shall call evil good, and good evil”. So where’s this coming from? These thoughts I’m having? I’m an ex-con who’s seen and lived a life that touched on all these areas of decadence so why now does it grate against my spirit so? When it comes down to it what is really important? Is it how much money you make? Is it how many people look up to you? Or is it what God thinks of you and what honors and pleases Him. That last sentence wasn’t a question. We will all stand before God naked and take only our deeds with us to present Him with. Our deeds and the thoughts of our hearts. It’s not what you do but why you do it that matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good post. The fact that you are bothered shows that the sprit of Christ is living and working in you. God is opening your eyes to the things unseen by a lot of people in the world today.