Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Almost the end of January?

1/20/10 Wednesday
Geese, it’s hard to believe we’re most of the way through January already. Seems like it was yesterday the new year started. I’ve got lots to do to prepare for planting and in fact there are some seeds I could have started by now but I haven’t gotten the seed starting apparatus put together yet. I need to contact the ministry that prepares those getting out of prison to live in the free world about hiring some of the guys to help me out here. I need to do it while we still have funds left from my inheritance. Moving fence panels and other heavy stuff by myself hurts too much but it’s got to be done so I take a pain pill and keep going. By the end of the day I’m not moving too fast and must take breaks to let the pain subside. Nothing new about that, it’s the way it’s been for as long as we’ve been here. Today at 10:30 there is a USDA meeting in Stanton regarding conservation programs. I plan on attending as our land is under the CRP conservation program and the more I know the better I can plan for the future.

By the way, I need to mention that the Stelera internet hook up is working very well, the best service we’ve had since we moved here. We’re actually outside their advertised coverage area but it’s working fine despite that. Their tower sometimes has a hard time receiving our signal back, for instance when I click on the next email I wish to read, but other than that it’s fantastic.

The wind is blowing so hard I'm unable to work outside, except perhaps in the garage with the door closed. It's sandstorm time and I can barely see across the street. That's ok, there's plenty to do inside. This morning I went to a meeting for the USDA conservation programs. It was informative and I was able to make contacts with some who will be involved with building the farm business. Things are moving along and falling into place nicely despite my shortcomings.

"Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, own the vision, & relentlessly drive it to completion." Jack Welch

No comments: