Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Monday's post on Wednesday

1/3/11 Monday
It’s the first Monday of the year. Ahead of us lies another year, more opportunity to build and grow, to forge the life we plan to create for our future. Behind us lie many missed opportunities and hard lessons about people and faith. Lessons learned that will hopefully increase our wisdom regarding future decisions. There have been great disappointments and many smashed hopes, but in the process there have been many revelations, many things our eyes have been opened to.

On a spiritual level we’ve seen the slow insidious creeping in of deceptions with ministries and people we know. Sometimes it hasn’t been slow, but quick and obvious to us though others are still blind to it. We understand that there is a real devil and he hates all that is good, working hard to disrupt and destroy every work of God. It’s like a big celestial chess game with the lives and souls of mankind hanging in the balance. We’ve been hampered and attacked in many ways, with the words of others effecting how we are viewed, creating distrusts and judgments that hinder relationships. Someone convinced the old man I was taking advantage of him and destroyed that relationship along with my vision of creating a farmers market at his place on the highway.

Former friends, who had been so generous, were consumed by their greed and thus their true heart was revealed when their plans to take 75% of the income from mineral rights on our land came out. What a shock and surprise that was, especially when their reasoning, that they had children and we didn’t, so we had no need for a legacy, was explained by them. Then came the utter rejection because we didn’t bow down to their desire, an almost hateful animosity from people who had formerly ended every conversation with “We love you guys”. When I tried to talk to him there was no repentance, only threats to sue me for slander and a legalistic weaving around to insure he had no obligations to us, and a total absence of comprehension of the heart of God and truth regarding to how Christians should relate.

We’ve watched another “friend” make some bad choices and in the process have seen what lies beneath the very holy enthusiastic religious veneer the person wears. We’ve learned of a pattern of lies and deceptions that boggle the mind in their depth and complexity. Watching as the individual says one thing to us and something totally different to someone else. Lies about money, that they were denied unemployment when the truth was the person was getting it, and all the while saying they were a victim in great need to get money from others. One lie after another, all the while parading the people that person has “ministered” to like trophies that prove what a wonderful servant of God that person was while drinking and sleeping with another, whom they were trying to “bring back to God”. And I am not allowed to say anything about it because God let me know that anything I say won’t be received because I’m judged as a selfish ambitious man who doesn’t hear from God. So I’m to wait till it all gets exposed and must watch the damage that will happen. This is hard to do. It’s so strange to watch someone laugh and be “religious”, fooling everyone while I know the truth. Does that person believe their own lies? Have they fooled themselves? I think so.

2 Timothy 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. 6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth--men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
Paul's Charge to Timothy
10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings--what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Note the last sentence, “evil men and IMPOSTORS will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.” Not only are these people fooling others but they are fooling themselves as well. This is nothing new, it’s been going on for as long as man has been on the earth, but in these last days we will see much more of it at a rapidly increasing pace. There are no accidents in my life so I suspect that I am being shown these people for a reason. I will watch and pray regarding the last case, being ready to pick up the pieces when all gets exposed and comes to light. It will be sad to watch the hurt as some realize just how fooled they were by this person who is so friendly and got into their hearts but in the end I believe they will be wiser for it.

I started this journal entry on Monday and obviously never finished. There was much internal debate about saying anything regarding the last person but I made it less obvious who it might be and printed it anyway. The truth is the truth and I haven’t really spelled out the details and documentation I have so will wait for God to uncover that which is done in darkness.

It’s been cold lately so I cut some more firewood. Will work on repairing the wall in our bedroom and do some other stuff around the house. Kind of at a stand still on the bathroom but may attempt to do some more despite not knowing what I’m doing. I was at Lowe’s with Cherie earlier this week to get parts and had a bad spell. I looked and looked trying to sort out all the parts and figure out what we needed but got lost. Finally found someone to ask for advice but my ability to process what that person was saying became increasingly hampered as the slow down came on with a vengeance. I got so bad that we just called it quits and left the store. By that point I had to have Cherie drive, wasn’t able to safely do so myself. It is so frustrating to have this happen, especially when I’m out in public. A reminder I suppose of why the government said I’m disabled.

No comments: