Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Believing a lie

7/21/10 Wednesday
I went and looked at the air unit at the diner. There are no cheap or easy fixes for it. The units I picked up at the landfill all have replaceable bearings but this one doesn’t, at least not anything easy to do. It’s old and rusted out so needs to be replaced. She said she would call her landlord about it and get back to me. Evidently he’s been promising to replace it for some time and has done nothing. I told her that I would do the work for him thinking that the reason he has done nothing is he’s busy doing something else. I gave her the hourly rate I would charge him, $20 bucks an hour for that kind of work is a steal. She’ll get back with me but they need to do something. It’s too hot inside that little diner with the grill tops and stuff going to not have air running.

So that’s all done and it’s already 11:00. At least there are lots of clouds out so that helps keep things a little cooler. I think I’ll fix me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, unless there’s something else in the fridge I can find.

Here’s a question for you. What do you do when you know someone lies to you? It’s not like a big lie, more a little white lie to feign ignorance and perhaps avoid something. But it’s a lie none the less. I decided not to confront it like I used to do. It’s not the first time I saw this with the individual. So I’ve made note of it and know that I can’t trust the person’s word anymore. What bothers me is that it’s another person who talks about God and is all kinds of concerned about their image, but I know who the father of lies is, the god of this world, and understand the power of deceit. That often is most damaging when the one you are deceiving is yourself. The nature of deceit is that the one being deceived is totally unaware of it, believing that the lie is the truth.
Click to enlarge

So here’s a scripture for today, found in Galatians chapter 6.1 Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness ; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. 2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But each one must examine his own work, and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard to another. 5 For each one will bear his own load. 6 The one who is taught the word is to share all good things with the one who teaches him. 7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked ; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

However this is going to be hard to practice as I don’t want to confront the person involved, at least not now. So I will wait and perhaps an appropriate time will come.
======================================================================

Perhaps yesterday took more out of me than I thought. Get tired pretty quickly and have one of those bad headaches. Might not be related to yesterday at all. It’s just not very convenient. I’m a little slow on top of things. Tried to watch TV but the sound just grates through my head like a jackhammer. Will take some aspirin. The pain pills don’t touch these and besides that I already took my allowance, one every four hours. It’s bright out and that doesn’t help. I’ll wear my sunglasses. There’s too much to do to sit inside so I’ll push through. Need to prune the tomato plants and that’s easier on the head than swinging a hoe at tree sized weeds so will focus on that task. I sure look forward to the time we can afford some help out here. It will make a night and day difference.

No comments: