Friday, November 25, 2005

11/24/05 Thursday
Happy thanksgiving all. This is a brisk morning with just a few puffy clouds floating on the blue sky. There is a good three inches of snow on the ground though it has pretty much melted on the pavements. It was 24 degrees when we got up but will be getting steadily colder, down to 16 or so. I am not too speedy this morning but not bad. About a 7.
We never did get the stove fixed. The guy came by and looked at it. He didn’t have the part with him so he said he would go back to the shop to get it. A little later I get a call to set up a time Friday or so to have the stove fixed. I told the lady that this sure blows the hell out of baking for Thanksgiving. “We’ll be there between 1:00 and 3:00.” She cheerily said. “Whoopee” was my response.
I fixed a big breakfast starting with cinnamon rolls I baked in the toaster oven. I followed that with scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes cut into little squares and fried. I am sure there is a name for potatoes cooked or cut like that but I don’t know what that is. I used to but that is one of the anomalies of this tbi. When I woke up from the coma I could remember my home phone number but not my address.
It is 12:00 now and we are getting ready to go over to the in-laws at 1:00 or so. We went to Sam’s Club and bought a pecan pie. It was huge and cost something like $8.50. I hope it is as good as it looks. Cherie is trying to do something with sweet potatoes on the stove top as the oven is not an option.
I called Fred to see how he was doing. He said he had a rough night and that he had called Cathy next door so she could help him breath. I asked if the humidifier I put on his oxygen helped and he said it did. (That was one of the things I did yesterday which of course didn’t get recorded in this journal) Fred said I could use his Caddy to go over to Cherie’s parents for Thanksgiving. I will go warm it up in about twenty minutes.

No comments: