Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Clear day


4/4/06 Tuesday
I am foggy this morning.
Cool, I cleared up good. Running about an 8 on the Bob scale. It is clear outside also, not a cloud in the sky though that comes with freezing temperatures. It is to warm up to close to 50 today, which is fine with me. Don’t even need a coat with this.

I am sharpening my woodcarving tools at the moment. Haven’t touched that hobby in months. It’s about time. Wayne just called and would like me to take him to cash his check and get some groceries. I told him I would as soon as I got done taking Fred and Barb to get her phone fixed and probably to cash her check and also get food. I also told Wayne I could give him a haircut if I have time.

Our hopes and dreams are renewed with Larry calling and talking with me. For a while we were afraid things wouldn’t work out with the farm but it looks better. Communication is good as long as folks realize it takes me some time to ruminate on things. I have to think things through and often what I say in the quickness of a conversation is not what I decide is wise later.

I suppose I should fix something to eat. I seldom feel hungry so eat by the clock to make sure I get some protein. Time to get moving. It looks like it will be a good day, of course that always remains to be seen.
-----------------------------

I’m back. After I ate I sat down and did some carving. Cherie came home for lunch and was a bit frustrated. I guess Ron, her boss, has been kind of nit picky or disorganized, or something. Again the change of hours is still up in the air. I told Cherie to hang in there. “Ron is probably getting pressure from his bosses or may just be having problems at home or something. Your tough, you can handle this” I reassured her.

She was glad to see me carving. I haven’t done that in months. It is a peaceful thing that helps me just stay settled. After Cherie went back to work I called Fred and asked when he wanted to go. “Anytime your ready” he replied. “Just let me get my shoes on and we’ll go” I let him know and rushed to get out the door.

Fred had me stop at Arby’s because he had a 4 for $5 coupon. After going through the drive through he tried to hand me one right when I got back out on Byrne Rd. I told him I needed to concentrate on driving and wasn’t in a hurry. “Oh” he figured it out. Barb was ready and after she got in the car Fred started to decide we were going to the bank to cash her check. I had already let him know that Wayne needed to get his check cashed so I could take him along with Barb. Fred had forgotten that. It is like looking in a mirror as this goes on for that is how I get when I am slow.

“Fred, we’ll go get Barb’s phone taken care of first” I said as I took charge of things. We got to the phone place and the lady recognized us. Cherie had been with us the last time and I think she wrote about that in this journal. It was for her hysterical. Anyway I helped let the lady know what was going on with Barb’s phone. As we talked Fred would say things like “I’m tired of being ripped off. I don’t want any used crap. That never works. They better give me my money back”. The lady behind the counter at one point looked at me with a patient smile and said “You’ve got your hands full don’t you”. “This is what I do” I told her and went back to trying to get something done while keeping Fred mollified.

Fred said he wanted to get a new phone for Barb and wanted a credit for the old one. She helped Barb pick out a phone. These are the times Barb’s brain damage is more evident. The lady explained things in simple terms. While my brain damage is not as bad as Barb’s I still have times I must have things explained to me in terms I can follow.

Barb wanted a phone that had big numbers because of her failing eyesight. That was found. Fred was trying to stay involved by saying “Let me look at that” and reaching for the phone she was looking at. Of course Fred can’t see his hand in front of his face but it helps him feel better about purchasing this phone for Barb. They settled on a phone and Fred handed the sales lady his credit card with more comments about being ripped off. “This is the last phone I am buying, damn it” he exclaimed. I looked at the sales lady with a wry grin and just shrugged my shoulders. She wasn’t bothered by Fred and kept on taking care of things. Handing me the phone she told me the details about warranty and what came with the phone. Of course I dropped the phone making Fred panic. They had to reassure him the phone was fine and show that it worked. I had them program Fred’s number in the phone and showed Barb how to operate it. Out the door we go!!

Yeah that’s done. Now for the next task. I had called Wayne to let him know that we would be by to pick him up. That way I could kill two birds with one stone. I explained again to Fred that Wayne also needed to cash his check and go get groceries and headed for Wayne’s.

I got them to the bank and when they came out headed for Kroger after reminding Fred again what we were doing. At Kroger I could see how Wayne’s condition is deteriorating. He was having trouble operating his right leg and it got worse as we went along. Towards the end I suggested he wait up front while I got what was left on his list. He said “I’m stubborn. I’m going to do this. Besides I need the exercise”. I commended Wayne on that and encouraged him. He will need to have that mind set as his condition gets worse.

We got everything done and I took Barb and Wayne home, helping them carry their groceries in. Fred had stayed in the car while we were at Kroger so I knew he wasn’t feeling up to speed but was surprised when he asked me to drive him to where Sharon had moved to. I know he would like to get Barb moved out there and it would be better for her but I also know what it takes to get moved with NPI so it probably won’t happen.

I am home now and worn out. Fred just called to complain about the bill. He looks at his receipts with his lighted magnifying glass (The most powerful you can buy) when he gets home. I tried to explain “Yes Fred, they did give you a credit for the phone Barb returned”. But he didn’t quite get it. Finally I said “Fred, you have to call them. I can’t fix it”. He said he just wanted to make sure and thanked me for my time.

I am glad to be done. Probably should take a nap but it is 4:40 and Cherie will be home soon. I could well nod off as we watch the news. That’s just part of things with me. I think I will publish this and wait for Cherie to come home. My back pain is pretty bad from sitting at this computer so I’ll lay down or walk around. Both help.
-------------------------------------------------
Just watched Tom Delay on a PBS news show. As he went on his spiel about how innocent and good he is he said he had been “Praying a lot. Trying to hear what the Lord wants me to do”. Then he says he is not resigning because of the indictments from Texas and the Federal government but because of the noble loyalty he has to the republican party. When he stepped down from being house majority leader it was for the same purported nobility. Now this is a master of deception. He puts on this front all the while he is being exposed as a crook. Of course he is a good devout Christian. Just like Bush is?

Like I just told an old friend, Dennis, in an E mail today “It’s not what you say that matters, it’s what you do”. God is a convenient tool for many who sling His name whenever it gets them what they want. I don’t care what Bush purports to be. I’m sure he had a heart felt conversion years ago in Midland Texas when he was a partying alcoholic. But heart felt conversions can be whittled away over time as small compromises become easier and turn into larger ones. Often one that uses deception is self deceived, thinking they are doing the right thing because of the goal they want to achieve. Bush used deception to go to war with Iraq. Bush encouraged the use of torture and the denial of basic human rights in the war against terrorism. Fund raisers for the republican party such as Delay and Tom Noe here in Ohio are now being exposed and brought to trial for the laws they broke. Gee, incidentally they lined their own pockets in the process. Tom Noe stole millions from the State of Ohio.

Just watched Tom Delay on a PBS news show. As he went on his spiel about how innocent and good he is he said he had been “Praying a lot. Trying to hear what the Lord wants me to do”. Then he says he is not resigning because of the indictments from Texas and the Federal government but because of the noble loyalty he has to the republican party. When he stepped down from being house majority leader it was for the same purported nobility. Now this is a master of deception. He puts on this front all the while he is being exposed as a crook. Of course he is a good devout Christian. Just like Bush is?
Like I just told an old friend, Dennis, in an E mail today “It’s not what you say that matters, it’s what you do”. God is a convenient tool for many who sling His name whenever it gets them what they want. I don’t care what Bush purports to be. I’m sure he had a heart felt conversion years ago in Midland Texas when he was a partying alcoholic. But heart felt conversions can be whittled away over time as small compromises become easier and turn into larger ones. Often one that uses deception is self deceived, thinking they are doing the right thing because of the goal they want to achieve. Bush used deception to go to war with Iraq. Bush encouraged the use of torture and the denial of basic human rights in the war against terrorism. Fund raisers for the republican party such as Delay and Tom Noe here in Ohio are now being exposed and brought to trial for the laws they broke. Gee, incidentally they lined their own pockets in the process. Tom Noe stole millions from the State of Ohio.
The Bible says “By their fruits you shall know them”. What are the fruits of our “Christian” president? Corruption is at an all time high as corporations rake in billions from this war. Halliburton is only one of them. My son is in a war that will endure for decades, as long as there is a Muslim religion. Now the groundwork is being laid for Iran. Not very good fruit. In the picture you can see the old rotten fruit on this tree as new life springs forth. I hope this is what will happen in this country.

Enough of this. Time to go to bed. Night all.

No comments: