Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Started out with a slowdown.

1/10/07 Wednesday
Cherie woke up at 6:30 as we used to do. After some coaxing she got up and made coffee. Turned on the news as I always do to see what part of the world is till falling apart. I was strangely tired and uncharacteristically handed the remote to Cherie and pulling the blankets over my head went back to sleep. Slept for almost three hours. When I finally dragged myself out of bed it didn’t take long to see I was in the middle of a slow down. Still there now at 10:46. Got a serious headache also. Makes me wonder if you can have one of these petite seizures while you sleep. Was sharp last night and went to bed early yet woke exhausted.

It will be a beautiful day out. In fact it already is. Just have thin wisp’s of those high clouds (I think their called sirus but not sure. Used to know) and lots of sunlight. I have to shave today as we plan on going to the church dinner tonight. It’s good to be around friendly people but it’s also good to enjoy a great meal when food is tight. They ask for a dollar contribution but I’ve been told not to worry about it for us, it’ll be covered. It’s good to find Christians who act like Christians. We didn’t find much of that in Toledo, at least not with the church hierarchy, but there were individuals who shined in the midst of that darkness. I suppose that’s the way it is and always has been. Reminds me of the Pharisees in the bible and for that matter all through recorded history. When there comes money and power there comes this blind hypocrisy where folks get all wrapped up in how good and religious they are yet neglect those less fortunate.

I may refuse to use the label of “Christian” but I know more of this religion than most who profess that moniker. I’ve done a bible study that goes in depth on the subject of the poor and downtrodden. There are over 830 references in both the old and new testaments to that subject, more than any other area the bible talks of. It is the key focus of God. I think I will finalize this study and publish it. The neglect, abuse, and taking advantage of those less fortunate was listed as a big factor in most of the “Judgments” where God came down and trashed cities and the nation of Israel. I was fascinated to see on the news a report that insurance companies charge the poorer parts of our society significantly more than others. The reporter was interviewing an expert on a street where if you lived on one side, where the per capita income was low, you got cranked on insurance where the other, richer, side paid significantly less. That has nothing to do with the church, just is an example of how society is. To quote the favorite saying of a former boss of mine “The more things change, the more they stay the same”.

By the way I have cleared up some while I was writing. That’s the way it is. Throws people off when this happens. Still have the headache and am not terribly motivated. Think I’ll post this and perhaps lay down. These things drain my energy.

I just noticed that I didn't have a link to the blog I created to put the story of Cherie and I down for y'all to read.Here it is Created it September last year and just now figured that out. The links there now so go read the story. It'll be a book some day along with the rest of my wild and unusual life. That'll be another book in itself.
Here's a picture from our first marriage in 1979.

No comments: