Monday, January 07, 2008

Still going strong

It’s 2:00 and I’m still going strong though I am tired and this is the time I often take a short nap. Went to the landfill as I usually do on Mondays. Picked up a nice rope handled tub that will be great when we start harvesting crops. Also got some sheetmetal that is used for the sides of buildings and roofs. It is bits and pieces that I can cobble together for the shed I want to put on the backside of the garage. Talking with a guy who scraps out of the landfill he tells me he just picked up thirty whole pieces last week. Boy I sure could have used that but he sold it for scrap. Oh well.


Also got some chicken wire and a couple of pieces of wood when I went back a second time. There was half a telephone pole there. I don’t know how I managed to load it on top of the truck but I do know it hurt. This will be great for building the shed or who knows what else.

You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them. That would help you see the towers in this one.

So I’m taking a break but will get back to it in about thirty minutes when the alarm goes off to remind me to move the sprinkler. I finally remembered to take some pictures of the wind turbines they are putting up. Every time I go to the landfill I forget the camera including this time so I went back and got the camera. The second picture is what we can see from the house. You can just make out the towers though they don’t have the propellers on yet. Believe it or not those are seven to ten miles away. There are about twenty in sight from our house. Won’t be long and they’ll be spinning away making electricity. That’ll be a sight.
================================
It’s been a great day. I’ve had no slowdowns at all, only a headache which started about ten minutes ago. Personally I’d rather suffer the pain of headaches than have these seizures. Pain I have learned to live with over the last seven years but being debilitated by having this brain go absent just pisses me off. I try to make light of it saying “I’m either the smartest dumb person or the dumbest smart person you will ever meet. It just depends on the moment you meet me”.

But I am grateful. I am grateful not just for life but for the wonder that my life has become. Cherie, the farm, our friends, and being free of the old life are all wonders to me. And I am grateful for every moment of clarity I have and even more for a full day of it. And I am always aware of how blessed I am despite the difficulties.

Ok, enough of that. I just don’t want to stop working. It’s 8:40 at night and I still have the water sprinkler going with my alarm sounding every half hour so I can go out and move it. I knew I’d be doing this after dark so went out and put stakes in the different locations I’d need to move it too. Sort of mapped it out so I can find it with my flashlight. It’s getting cold and late so when the alarm sounds next I’ll just turn the water off. The warm days and water are helping the rye come up. Some rain would be nice but there’s none in the forecast. I still haven’t finished putting together the Year in Pictures project so I think I’ll work on that now. These slowdowns have sure put me behind.

No comments: