Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Keep on


6/3/08 Tuesday
I was out watering till eleven thirty last night. Most of that was hand watering the melons and Afghan pines. We have lost a lot of those. Some of it due to gophers but some due to a lack of water. I just keep forgetting or, heading out to water them I get distracted and it doesn’t happen. This problem has impacted much of what we planted. We lost all of the trees the Audubon Society sent us along with all the blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Some of that the gophers helped with but not watering them regularly didn’t help. It only takes a day or two without water to kill a plant out here, especially when they are young and freshly transplanted.

Between weeding and planting more black-eyed peas my back is killing me. Coming in out of the heat regularly was also an opportunity to lay down and allow the back muscles to untangle. This was a pain pill morning. Getting out of bed to go to the bathroom this morning was excruciating so one of the first things I did was take a pill. As much as I hate them they allow me to continue on. Continuing on increases the pain but I refuse to just lay around.

No comments: