Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pushed too hard I guess

6/25/08 Wednesday
I guess I hurt myself. It’s not unusual for me to overdue it but this time it’s coming with a price. I hurt bad enough from loading the stones but unloading them put the icing on the cake. It feels like I pulled a muscle on the right side of my lower back, just above the hip. When I went to Janie’s Cherie met me there after she got off work. Jeanette (I think that’s her name. Am never sure) from next door came over to see if we wanted the kitchen cabinets they are replacing. When we went over she could see that walking was difficult for me so asked what was wrong. We visited with her and Jay (her husband) for a while. They gave me some ointment for my back. I guess it helped a little but at this point it’s hard to tell. Walking hurts, sitting on the bed is an exercise in pain, laying down I must do carefully but can’t be done without stressing the muscle. Even rolling over in bed is excruciating. There are always things that need to be done out here but I don’t think I’ll be doing much today. Perhaps the pain pill will help.

We got a little rain last night so that’s good. I’ll still need to water some but it takes the pressure off. There is so much to do that I’ll have to clench my jaw and do it, but I’ll be careful not to hurt the back more.

I just drifted off to sleep. Didn’t get much last night so am pretty tired.

Did it again. I suppose I should take a nap though it’s only 9:30.

I was able to get a few things done. My back eased up a bit by four or so.

No comments: