Tuesday, July 22, 2008

another day in the life of bob

7/22/08 Tuesday
1:26 – I’m in for a rest. The horse manure I mixed with the tumbleweeds and other weeds I was mowing for three days for compost is running at 160 degrees. That’s as hot as it gets and really good. After some practice I’m getting good at this. Yesterday I spent the whole day hoeing down weeds, primarily the sticker grass that we hate so much. Today, if it works out, I will rake it all up and burn it to destroy the stickers, which are seeds. I know I worked all morning but can’t remember what I did. Will probably be able to remember tomorrow. Just noticed I had the day wrong. Thought it was Monday today. That means it’s poop scoop day so I will be heading into Midland.
--------------------------------------------------
Maybe I overdid it. Cherie called and I saw it was 5:04 when I answered. I was thinking it was only about 3:00. Not only was I to poop scoop at Janie’s but I was going to drop by Eric’s to see if he could weld up my hoe. I even had the directions and his phone number printed up and on top of this laptop for when I left. Oh, and I was going to leave at 3:00 so was hurrying to finish what I was working on in the garden. Then I see that it’s after five. The other part, the important part of this plan was to meet Cherie when she got off work and go out to Rosa’s for their Taco Tuesday special like we have done. Nut’s, it’s after five and I’m just dragging from being out in the heat and working. Cherie could hear it in my voice so offered to do the poop scooping for me and pick something up for dinner. She got no argument from me. I came in and after washing the dishes laid down. It’s 8:00 now and I went out to get some more work done but it didn’t take long to figure out that wasn’t a good idea. I’m weak and not walking steadily so came back in. I guess I’ll have to call it a day. Don’t want to but it would be smart. I’ll try not to fall asleep this early so I can get some good sleep tonight and wake up refreshed.

Reading the first entry I see that I never did rake up the weeds. Nothing unusual there, I stayed busy but didn't do what I planned. Another day in the life of bob.

No comments: