Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Able to work again

1/13/09 Tuesday (Sorry it's so late, waited to have Cherie proof read it)
I worked for the old man yesterday. He had me doing simple things that shouldn’t be physically demanding but I worked up a sweat and had to take my shirt off just raking leaves. This cold took a lot out of me. I’m trying to write a letter to a friend to fix a problem my big mouth caused but it’s hard to do. So many things I say seem to come out wrong or have unintended consequences that I’m tip toeing around for fear of making things worse. Speaking of letters, I still haven’t finished the one to my dad and it’s for the same reason, my fear of saying something the wrong way and making things worse. In both cases I’ll have Cherie proof read them to advise me about it. I think I’ll quit and go outside to work on things.

I need to fix the damage to the kennel caused by the intense wind we had when a cold front blew in. Poor Ben ended up having no protection from that wind and bitter cold as his lean-to blew down. I was given the name of a lady who heads an organization that helps people who can’t afford it get their pets neutered. We take Ben in the 26th and then two weeks later he will get his rabies shot. Then we can work through Pet Smart to get him adopted.

Last night Cherie went to get something out of her car and came in upset because there was a truck across the street sitting on the side of the road with it’s lights out. She said it started up and drove off but when I looked out there was another vehicle sitting there that also had it’s lights out. I suspect they were tapping into our wireless internet connection because when I unplugged it the car left. There is a security thing on the system that would require a password for someone to use it but when I tried to set it up I got confused and finally gave up. I need to try again. The idea of people sitting across the street to tap in doesn’t sit well with me, for that matter cars sitting across the street with their lights out is uncomfortable regardless of why they are doing it. It’s just plain dangerous and stupid on this busy highway. We heard the dogs bark early this morning, before daylight, and then heard a vehicle start up and drive off. I sure wish we could get a gun so Cherie would have it for protection out here in the country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I have to do that myself, I keep my internet off, and wireless disabled until I want to use it for the same reason.

Yep again, you need a gun. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. I get offered shotguns all the time. I don't know why, I didn't think I looked like a shotgun kind of person ;-)

Amy

Loretta said...

Hello...I found your blog a day or so ago and wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading it. You have such beautiful pictures on it. You have sure had some bad things happen in your life but you are an inspiration to us all in never giving up. Take care.

Loretta

Bob Westbrook said...

thanks Loretta. I like to hear that something good comes out of this blog. When I'm all negative and depressed I doubt I inspire much, Hearing this encourages me during these times.

Nate~ said...

just get a big rechargeable spotlight and shoot that sucker out your window at the cars/trucks, the one I got will light up a football field, trust me they will eventually get the message. Also my offer to buy you guys a rifle/shotgun is still good, you two need something even a .22 is better then nothing