Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Blessings and confusion

3/3/10 Wednesday
There have been blessings and confusion the last few days. I reached out to someone seeking forgiveness and to make right hurts my words have caused and am puzzled by the response. Can’t write too much about it cause when I asked permission to do so was told “No way” and must respect that.

We met with friends of ours for dinner and came away with more questions than answers, due to the stimulation of the conversation that leads me to ponder many things. It’s a good thing, not bad.
Here's a picture of the wire cages we are building to protect the windbreak trees. It cost more to buy the hardware cloth used than the trees cost but after losing all 90 trees we planted before we hope it's money well spent.

Meantime we continue in the blessings God is providing. Alan will become a permanent part of this farm, Lord willing. Today I have another person from the Stepping Stone Ministry who has come out to work. We talked of God, I read a scripture, and we prayed. I shared the wonders of what God has and is doing in Cherie and my life and the new guy shared of his life too. It is good to help others, real good.

As I strive to please God, to live a life I cannot be ashamed of, this scripture in Mathew 25 comes to mind. It’s about Doing, not just talking.

34. "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36. I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37. "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38. When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39. When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40. "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41. "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43. I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44. "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45. "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46. "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

As the guys were digging holes for the 60 trees they started aerial spraying of the fields next to us. NOT GOOD. The wind is blowing the poison right into us. I'm not happy at all and not sure if there is anything we can do. Right now I have a new strange taste in my mouth and suspect it is from the poison they are spraying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they are aerially spraying, I will almost guarantee it to be Round-Up . . . and it will kill whatever vegetation it touches. The applicator is responsible for damages associated with wind drift. You need to document the windage and see if you have any vegetation damage. If so, contact the applicator or the farmer. If they are unresponsive, you will need to contact the Tx Dept of Agriculture.

Bob Westbrook said...

Thanks. Fortunately there's no vegetation growing yet but we're fixin to put in those 60 trees. Hate to upset my neighbor farmer, trying hard to get along out here