Monday, July 19, 2010

Another hot day

There are always those who lie in wait to take advantage should you wander into their net



7/19/10 Monday
It will be another hot day and there is no rain in the forecast. Cherie is fighting depression again and I am at a loss for what to do. I love her dearly and have worked hard to make her smile, but it’s been hard after she learned of what someone else said, coupled with other things that came to light. So pray for her please.





I spent a lot of time yesterday repairing more damage the gophers did to the drip irrigation system. Not good. I’ll try to blow their tunnels with oxygen and propane like I saw on you tube. Gophers have caused more damage and trouble than any other pest we’ve seen. Poison doesn’t always seem to work and bothers me to use. If a poisoned gopher comes to the surface there’s the possibility that one of our dogs will eat it and thus become poisoned or even one of the hawks that constantly comb the area looking for a meal.

I will be attacking weeds, the never ending fight I can’t seem to get ahead on. If I could get crops to grow like weeds I’d be a rich man. Plus I plan on focusing some time working on the lawn and flower garden, with the hope that it will help brighten Cherie’s day.

That’s it for now. Don’t feel like writing much, more worried than anything and there is always work to do.

No comments: