Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Been thinking about people

11:40 – The air conditioner is done and working well. I looked at my watch and thought it said 12:30 so was frustrated it took so long. I was an hour off but in my mind still think I should have the dogs washed and air conditioner fixed by 10:00. At least I’m consistent in my expectations for myself. Always think I can do a job quicker than reality later slaps me in the face with. Oh well. Don’t suppose I’ll ever get used to that.

Been thinking a lot about people we know as I work. I’ll have to put my thoughts in the private journal, the one that will probably never be published though a lot of it will end up in one of the books I’m writing. One of those will be fictional though, based on the realities we have experienced. Don’t know if I mentioned it but I was contacted by a publishing house regarding writing a book. That one will be the auto biography. I hope to be able to write all good things regarding what we’ve experienced here but in order for that to happen some people will need to change. There are lots of good endings to our story, though it’s too early to talk about the end. Regardless I will tell the truth, as I try to always do anyways. The truth for some is wonderful but for others something to be feared. I always marvel at the “Christians” who run and hide, endeavor to cover up their thoughts and actions, for with God there are no secrets. Not even what you think is hidden from Him. 1 Corinthians 4.5 says “He will bring to light9 what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts.”

In Mathew chapter six, where you can also find the Lord’s prayer, we are instructed to do our deeds in secret. Mathew 6.3 “But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” So there are no secrets with God, however in that chapter Jesus is clear about those who go around doing good things so that everyone can see it and calls them hypocrites. This is the balance that we should strive to achieve. When it all comes down to it hypocrisy is putting forth that false image, hiding what is not flattering and making a show of the good things you do. It’s not what you do, but why you do it that’s important and it’s the motives of the heart that God will expose.

I know I’m getting preachy but…well, I say these things with the hope of helping others for we will all face God and we will all answer to Him. Now John 3.16 is the bible verse most of us are the most familiar with. It says "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

It’s important to read all of a scripture, not just pull out the part you like. At verse nineteen it goes on to say 19 “This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.” So this is why I marvel at the church goers who seek to hide their deeds from those around. What is more important, what people think of you or what God KNOWS about you? I try to live in a way that is pleasing to God and know that I often don’t do very good at it, but I try. I know that when I fail that God will forgive me, but only if I ask and ask right.

Anyway, I’ll be writing more than one book but the autobiography is the first one. Here’s a question for a few of you, “How do you want it to end? What would you like it to say about you?”

No comments: