Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Made it to Oklahoma

I think this is in Arkansas. The truck sure had to struggle up the hills with my speed sometimes dropping to fifty MPH despite it being floored and dropping down a gear.

I made it to Oklahoma. Was going to get a hotel room in Oklahoma City but as I drove down the six lane wide highway I realized that early morning rush hour traffic would be a bear so decided to get a room on the other side of the city. There's no way I want to run this rig through a ton of traffic. I went through the city at around 9:00 in the evening so traffic wasn't too bad. I'll be home today, God willing. Called Cherie this morning, as I do every morning. She is probably looking forward to my being home more than I am but you know it's a close call on that one. It's 19 degrees out so definitely cold but will warm up to the fifties this afternoon. I woke up at 5:30 this morning, about the same time I wake up every morning. Will grab a nutritious breakfast and hit the road by 9:00 or so. I'm guessing that I'm about six or eight hours away from home. Can't wait to get there. There is a ton of work to do when I get there. Look forward to getting back to building this farm, especially now that I have some tools and a few dollars to spend that will enable me to accomplish a few goals.

No comments: