Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Made it to St Louis

12/15/09 Tuesday
I made it to St. Louis. Despite having lived here for a year I got turned around and lost. It was about 8:00 when I hit town but took me an hour to get to the right highway and then find a hotel. I was tired but wide awake from the adrenaline and nerves of driving my rig through this busy city full of people in a hurry to get some where. Cherie called right in the midst of that. “I’m in the middle of St Louis. I’ll call you back” was my quick response. With the truck and trailer I need both hands to drive along with having to concentrate real hard on the traffic and figuring out where I was.

I had thought to look up some of the people who helped me when Larry brought me here and I ended up homeless. But I probably won’t. I want to get home.

So that’s it. Coffee’s made on the hotel room coffee maker. It’s 6:43 in the morning. I’ll call Cherie at 7:00 and will probably hit the road soon after that.
Someplace in Indiana, or maybe Illinois

No comments: