Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pushing through?


10/21/06 Saturday
My pain level is way up there. It’s been four days since I posted and it’s been four days of bustin my butt. Unfortunately I’m bustin butt at Bob speed, which ain’t to fast. The large number of returns I’ve made at the many stores I get my supplies from is a good indication of my decision making skills. Keep making mistakes. All the bending down and stuff is the main source of pain I fight everyday. That and the fact I am badly out of shape. Getting out of bed is an exercise that is difficult right now with sitting up being the hardest and most painful challenge. The left knee has a sharp pain that shoots up when I try to get off the ground.

I went to Lowe’s and bought some saw horses and a portable table to reduce how much I have to bend over or sit on the ground. That helped a bunch. Was able to put the plywood I was painting at a working level as well as have tools readily available and easy to reach. There is no question now that I will equip our house in Texas with hand rails. If I have to make several tries to rise up from a low seat now what will it be like ten years from now? Gotta plan ahead.

I’ve made some progress but not nearly what I feel I should have. Asking for help is something that I don’t seem to do well. When Jeff and Cathy asked what they can do I wouldn’t have an answer because I don’t think fast enough. Later I see what they could have done.

This morning we take Cherie’s car to Jerry’s CB shop to get her CB radio installed. After spending an entire day getting mine installed I give up and will pay to have hers done. I’ll also have them check mine cause it doesn’t seem to work well.

We keep setting days we would like to leave and keep having to push that up cause I don’t have the trailer fixed.
============

10/22/06 Sunday
It’s been tough to push on. The weather has been unpleasant and unpredictable. I wore the poncho to keep from getting too wet. Then I had a bad slowdown yesterday. Cherie said it only lasted six hours. Not too speedy today either. Got stuff done but feel like I’m moving in slow motion. I’ll post some pictures when I can.

No comments: