Thursday, May 07, 2009

Another hot one

5/7/09 Thursday
It’s going to be another hot one, somewhere around 104 degrees. Yesterdays heat took a lot out of me. I’m still rough from it this morning. Cherie asked me to take it easy today. That’s hard to do when there is so much to do. I will probably come in around 4:00 or 5:00, I’ll probably have to whether I want to or not. Towards the end of the day I’ll probably go back out as things are cooling off then. Did that yesterday and worked till about nine that night.

Ben is doing fine. Here’s a picture of him. What a scar that is and you can just barely see the hole the pin is in. That will eventually get removed.

It’s already warm and only 9:00. Got to get going.
==============================================
2:30 – I came in to grab a drink and cool off. What I thought I could do in an hour took four. This is unfortunately not at all unusual for me. Perhaps I don’t account for the difficulties I have or just can’t calculate all the parameters of a project. I don’t know, what I do know is everything takes longer than I thought and that adds to the frustration.

I got the drip tape installed on the perimeter of one garden plot. There are several more I need to do but I’ve decided at this point to only do the perimeter drip lines one plot at a time. I might change my mind and probably will. This first plot I plan on putting corn in so I’m proceeding with that. To plant the corn I will mix generous portions of the horse manure compost I made, in the rows. Then I must mound up the dirt so it looks like it’s been plowed and install the drip lines on each row. I used the tractor to bring compost over to the plot. It ran out of gas. I don’t know if it still leaks gas or if the gas just evaporates out but it runs out often. Can’t believe how tired I am. If I laid down I’d be out like a light. Drifted off a little as I sat here writing. Need to get back outside working to keep that from happening.

2 comments:

Amy E said...

Be careful please Bob, listen to Cherie. We wives just want to keep you around longer.

I've been having my husband stop work no later than 1 p.m. (it was 110 at the land the other day) and then he goes back out around 6:30 p.m. and works until 9 pm. Trying to get the plumbing and electricity complete in our container "cabin".

Take it easy, and be careful of the heat during the hottest part of the day.

Bob Westbrook said...

Yeah, I know. But I push anyway, too much to do.