Wednesday, March 08, 2006

An elderly couple were driving across the country.
The woman was driving when she got pulled over by the Gardai.
The Garda said, "Ma'am did you know you were speeding?"
The woman turns to her husband and asked, "What did he say?"
The old man yelled, "He says you were speeding!" The Garda said, "May I see your license?"
The woman turned to her husband and asked, "What did he say?"
The old man yelled, "He wants to see your license!"
The woman gave him her license.
The Garda said, "I see you are from Mayo. I spent some time there once and had the worst date I have ever had."
The woman turned to her husband and asked, "What did he say?"
The old man yelled, "He thinks he knows you!"


I sent this and some of the Engrish stuff I think is funny to Bruce. Also sent it to Adam with the hope it will open the door he seems to have closed to me.




I’m back from taking Fred to get food. We went to Kroger first. He was energetic but got real picky fast. I could tell his budget was tight today. Fred also was pretty indecisive, having a hard time making up his mind and then changing it often. No problem, I just did what I always do. “Fred, that costs $1.99” I would say and he would reply “That’s too much. There’s no way I’ll pay that much” so we would move on to the next item.

The meat was the most difficult as always. Kroger was having a buy one get one free on roasts. There was a minor frenzy there but Fred worked his way in. Then it was on. Fred would pick up a package and fondle it, trying to see with his fingers. “How much is this” he would ask and I would tell him. He went through every package, picking some up several times, unaware he had already looked at it. Mean time there are many other shoppers trying to get meat there and because I had to be Fred’s eyes we were both in the way.

One lady got rude and tried to shove in between us. I tend to not be tolerant or very nice in such situations so I told her “Your ass can wait till he’s done”. She quickly grabbed two packages without looking at them and moved on. After all that Fred decided not to get anything. I was happy to get out of that fray but Fred stayed in that mode for the rest of the store. I was glad when he said “Let’s get out of here”. Checking out Fred wanted to go to the Pharm because they have eggs on sale. That was a little better but not much.

Now I am home and pretty worn out. Slowed down a little. Running about a 5 or 6. I think I will get some stew going to use up the rest of the roast that I didn’t do a good job with yesterday. Then either carve or lay down. Researched an E mail notification that we had won 82,000 pounds in the UK lottery. There really is such a lottery but the E mail is the scam I suspected it was. Bummer, I’m not British rich. Hey, I’m rich with things you can’t buy with money. I got my wife and my life. Everything else pales in comparison.
Oh! Just saw the note Cherie left for me to look up stuff for Virginia. That’s why we do the notes cause I will forget it several times in a day. Just leave that sucker out where I can’t miss it and I will eventually get it done. There is some cold dishwater I poured this morning and forgot about. Nothing unusual there.

No comments: