Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Tangle begins


A hundred thousand elephants,
A hundred thousand horses,
A hundred thousand mule-drawn chariots,
Are not worth a sixteenth part
Of a single step forward.

-Buddha, "The Connected Discourses of the Buddha"




I suppose I should fix something to eat considering it’s 10:50. Still running about a 7 so that’s good.

I guess we will have to get a lawyer down in Texas. Hate to do it cause they take all the money but what Jim McGilvray, the lawyer who’s handling the estate, tells me doesn’t make any sense. He says that I must match the highest offer for the land and other than that have no say in the matter. That seems so backassward it boggles my mind. I have to go into debt to get the land I inherited and pay a much higher price, actually compete with others to retain the farm I had promised my grandmother I would keep intact. Now that I will contest. If my brother would not be so tied up in lining his pockets we could get the land for a decent price. I’d be happy to pay him but now the price just got jacked way up. It’s lawyer time. I hate to tie things up but see no choice considering brother man hasn’t bothered to talk to me. This could go on for a while. I have about four hours of recordings from when we came down to visit Lee. In it there is the part where she said she didn’t want the farm broken up and wanted Cherie and I to live there. I promised her I would take good care of it. I will have to listen for an hour or three to find it. That will throw a loop into the mix. I can’t figure out why I can’t just pay Larry for his half.

Fred wants to go to Kroger so I must head out.

No comments: