Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Not doing bad, just a little tired

This is a puppy that Bruces unit in Iraq has adopted.

I posted Bruce’s picture. Hadn’t looked at the last two batches because I downloaded them and then went off and forgot. At least I rediscovered them. Short term memory loss means I sometimes lose good experiences like his pictures.



As long as there is a lack of the inner discipline that brings calmness of mind, no matter what external facilities or conditions you have, they will never give you the feeling of joy and happiness that you are seeking. On the other hand, if you possess this inner quality of calmness of mind, a degree of stability within, then even if you lack various external facilities that you would normally consider necessary for happiness, it is still possible to live a happy and joyful life.
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama


I took Fred to the Dollar General and the Pharm. Much of what he got was for Barb. Conversation got interesting when Fred told me that Basil was still in jail. When I told him “No Fred. He’s not in jail. I saw him at Barb’s when his boss came to pick him up” Fred’s comment was that he didn’t know because he didn’t see him. Barb had convinced him that I didn’t see Basil cause he was still in jail. Fred always falls for her crap and in the past claimed she wouldn’t lie to him. When he started questioning my statement I got blunt “Don’t you dare call me a liar Fred. I know what I saw. Barb’s played you before and she’s doing it again”. That set him back a little but he needs a wake up call.

Allen called me back and wasn’t with it at all. I asked him how he was doing and he said not very good. Conversation with him was hard as I would ask a question and there would be a long silence. I would wait for an answer and finally speak up. After going through this a couple of times I told him “Allen, why don’t you call me back when you’re a little more with it”. He said OK and that was it. Allen complained that I had called at “7:00 or so” and said to never call him that early again. I called at 9:45. Nothing’s changed, he’s still taking the pills and suffering the consequences. I’m doing what I can.


While we’re on the subject of drug addicts, Ahmed brought Jackie back from Chicago. I knew he would but am not happy. I told him before she needs to be in a drug rehab and sticking her in his apartment alone while he is gone for a week is not going to work. I am not too keen on having a mainlining junky crackhead across the hall. I would love to get her help but that’s dancing a bit close to danger for me. Cherie feels the same. We now make sure the door is locked, even when we are just doing the laundry downstairs.

I just called Wayne to see how he is doing. He had just laid down, which seems to be the time I generally call him. He said he is afraid to go get his mail after what happened to Sharon and then hearing the guy upstairs say he would take care of Wayne like he took care of Sharon. My calendar said the lunch bunch meeting is tomorrow but Wayne wasn’t sure if that was right. I called Cindy to check and Wayne was right. They had moved it to the second Thursday of the month so I need to change my calendar. Cindy and I talked for a while about Wayne and also about our moving to Texas.

I think I will post this entry and maybe relax or something before the MS dinner. Want to be sharp for it. I’m feeling tired and usually need to take a nap in the middle of the day. Cindy said she does also as well as most who have MS. It is so strange, the parallels between MS and TBI.

No comments: