Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Solstice today, It'll be 80 degrees


12/20/10 Monday
I’ve made my private journal entry so it’s time to tell the world what we’ve been doing through the blog journal. So much I want to tell but can’t. Prayed and fasted for four days regarding a friend, who has made some poor decisions, and we are seeing the fruit of those compromises. There are a lot of deceptions coming out of her mouth, little stories that aren’t true but justify and put a spiritual spin on what is happening in her life, and in the process make others look bad. We hope for the best, hope for God to reveal the truth so that it might come to the light and be dealt with. It’s when we have secrets, when we practice things in darkness, that we open the door for evil to come in. John 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." I pray for you all, pray that you come to the light, and in doing so have all the works of darkness forgiven and forgotten, made a thing of the past. Thus you will have new life, and a future to look forward to, knowing you can stand before God on that final day and be accepted, inheriting the gift of eternal life. This is what Christmas is about, and for us Christmas never ends, it is our life. Jesus was born to die, in fact that is the reason He came, to pay the price of every wrong we have done, so that we can be forgiven.

Today is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. Strangely enough, here in West Texas, it’s going to hit 80 degrees today, not just a little warm but even a little hot relative to the temperatures we’ve seen the week before. Tonight there will also be a full lunar eclipse, something that hasn’t happened on the solstice in four hundred years. There are many around the world who will celebrate this in pagan traditions, and thus we see the eternal conflict between truth and deception. It’s a conflict that will only come to a close when Jesus returns on that final day, which I see rapidly drawing closer as the prophesies and nations foretold align themselves in an uncanny way. War, serious war way beyond the conflicts we see these days, is just around the corner, and with it will come nuclear weapons unleashed. All that is comfortable and that we have thought we could rely on will unravel. Soon there will be no security.

The wind is kicking up, as predicted. Today I will once again work on the bathroom, but I’m getting to the point where I no longer can find things that I am capable of doing. It is so frustrating to have been left in a lurch on this project started by others. I can’t even get the plumber, who came once and has not shown his face since, to get the correct parts he said I needed. We returned the faucet he said was no good and have yet to replace it, and he said the drain I got for the tub won’t work, but I don’t know why. We relied on his word but he is no where to be found. Now the money we had has dwindled away, and we must wait for Cherie’s next check, which will come just before Christmas. Now I no longer know what to buy, after being told I bought the wrong stuff, but he’s nowhere to be found. There are people who could help, but they cost money and we don’t have any to spare. I got the name of a local guy who knows plumbing but haven’t called him because of that.


One of the things I’d like to grow is the spice Saffron. It is something like the most expensive spice in the world and from what I read is fairly easy to grow, a crocus flower that comes up from a bulb every year and blooms in the fall. That must go on the list of things we’d like to do but can’t quite get too because of a lack of funds. The VA seizing all our money sure hurt bad, and we are still fighting that. As things stand they will once again take our income tax refund so we can’t even rely on that.

I called our friend in Toledo, Suzie, my former secretary’s daughter, but her phone is disconnected. We feared this would happen as she and her daughter were homeless the last time I talked to them. The other daughter had gone ballistic and caused lots of problems, being removed from the home and forcing Suzie’s husband to move out as well. I so wish I could help, wish I had the resources to do something, but we don’t.

Time to get to work.

No comments: