Thursday, August 12, 2010

I choose to have a good day

8/12/10 Thursday
It’s going to be a good morning, and for that matter a good day. Why? Because I choose for it to be good and because we have a big God who loves and cares for us. I choose to trust in that, a conscious decision on my part despite everything going on around. The bible says in Proverbs 3.5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes ; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. 8 It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones.

I suppose that will be the scripture for the day. This laptop is fighting me, getting all tied up and it keeps changing the time on me to Pacific time. Frustrating. I’ll run the spyware program.

This morning I must mix a batch of bug poison, as much as I hate to do it I have to. The squash bugs are nasty and there are caterpillars destroying the sunflowers. By the way, we have a wheelbarrow full of spaghetti squash that needs to find homes. If any one out there wants some drop me an email. If your in Big Spring, Midland, or someplace close I’ll bring it to you or you can come out to the farm and get all you want. The price? Free but we’ll accept donations.
=========================================================================

Man, is it hot out there. It’s noon now and I’ve been out spraying the sunflowers along with the squash, melons, and everything else. There are thousands of squash bugs out there. They have killed all the spaghetti squash vines and were working on the watermelons. I stay busy, working out there all day long, taking breaks only when I must, but while I work on one thing something else gets neglected. It’s frustrating to say the least but I keep at it. As I work I think of the uncaring words of someone, who said I need to get a real job, words spoken from their position of how much better they are than I. The fact that I would have a hard time getting a “real” job probably escapes them but beyond that it’s the implied judgment that my dream of building a working farm has no real value that bites at me. I was called a “small minded man” by another person a year or so ago. I refuse to let others opinions relegate me to whatever status their small minds place me in. I will overcome and when things come together it will vindicate me.

The sprayer decided to stop working. It worked fine till I went to clean it with soap and water. That’s when it decided to no longer pump up the pressure. I’ll have to take it apart sometime, just don’t know when I’ll find the time. As I walked with the sprayer on my back I saw so many things that need to be done. The hard part is deciding what to tackle first. Right now I’m greatly enjoying sitting in front of the fan and the coolness created as the sweat evaporates out of my T-shirt. It’s lunch time so I should fix something to eat. I prayed and fasted for almost a week as I struggled with what to write to the people we know. I’m done with that now. Even the time I’ll spend writing I feel is time robbed from doing other things that need to get done. I am so tired of petty people, all wrapped up in themselves. I must resist saying what I want and strive to not be what I dislike in others.

2 comments:

Singapoare Plants Lover said...

We all should make our every day to be a good days.

Bob Westbrook said...

Your right. A lot of our days are the results of the attitudes we choose to have. I choose good days but have to keep choosing as the day goes by.