Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's all I can take, (2 hrs working in the heat)

8/19/10 Thursday
Got out to work as soon as Cherie left for work, or close to it after I downloaded the pictures in the camera. Came in at 10:30 to take a break and found that there had been a power outage. The clocks needed to be reset and the Stelera internet router has once again died. So I must go to town and get another one. This makes four or five of these units I’ve had to replace. They charged our account for it the last time and that took over a month of phone calls to fix. Now I wonder if they will charge us for this one. Hope not.

Luke 12:19 And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." ' 20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself ?' 21 "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

Got the new router and it’s up and running. Read someone’s post on facebook and again had that strong sense of urgency I’ve had before so posted the Luke 12 verse. Meantime it’s back to work time.
=========================================================================

2:22 – About two hours is all I can take working out in this heat. Thus I’m back inside, in front of the fan, and drinking a tall glass of tea mixed with water. I mix it with water in order to make the tea last and because water is basically what I need. The T-shirt I wear wrapped around my head is soaked through so that sweat runs into my eyes. I’ll grab a dry one. Keep four or five around for that, hanging the wet ones to dry so they may be available tomorrow. Not happy when sweat gets on my glasses cause it dries and leaves a salt residue that’s hard to clean off.

Pain level is up there and checking my list I see it’s been four hours since I took the last pill so it’s ok to take another one. Just took my blood pressure for the doctors. I go to the VA tomorrow and check in with them regarding blood pressure. They gave me a blood pressure machine and wanted me to take my pressure every day and record it. If I managed to remember and take it every other day I’m doing good. Got news for them if they want to feed me blood pressure medicine, I’m not going to take it. There are natural ways of reducing blood pressure and they are much healthier for you.
This is our new bookcase. The widow is clearing out lots of stuff and this was one item she wanted to get rid up. Looks like it was made just for the spot in our hallway and we had already talked about needing a better way of storing books. Especially after Rascal peed on them where they sat in a bookcase in the living room. We are so blessed by others leftovers.

No comments: