Thursday, September 16, 2010

A wonderful sunrise,

9/16/10 Thursday
This was a wonderful sunrise. With the days getting shorter the sun comes up later and goes down earlier, shortening the time I have to work out in the fields. Today will be like all days, busy. Church was interesting yesterday in that we discussed a verse that most preachers and bible teachers avoid. That’s the one found in Hebrews 10:26 where it says “If we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.” Frankly, this scripture scares me because I turned my back on God after accepting Jesus as my savior back in the 70’s. But I take comfort in other scriptures and the key of this one is where it says “Go on sinning willfully”, which indicates a continuing action. I now, while far from perfect, strive to not do what I know is wrong to do. The clearest definition of sin in the bible is found in James 4:17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin. It’s when you do what you know is wrong and do it so much that it doesn’t bother you at all (Having your conscious seared is the way the bible puts it) that you are playing with a deadly fire. So I fail all the time but I keep striving. This is the path of following Christ. Jesus said in Mathew 24:13 "But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. We must take up our cross daily. In Revelations it says many times “He who overcomes will I give…” and lists the rewards. The fact is there is no “Easy” Christianity and the “Tickle your ears” message many preach is a dangerous and deceitful one that many will follow to eternal separation from God. Again the words of Jesus say it best Mathew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate ; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Ok, enough of that. There’s a reason it is on my heart and someone out there needs to hear it so please hear what it’s saying and don’t harden your heart. I’ve got to get out and dig a trench, get my tractor back from Linda’s (now that I have the tire fixed) do some laundry, by a transmission seal for my truck, put it on, plant more seeds (might or might not happen) cut weeds and wood at Linda’s, and always have weeds to cut here, hook up soaker hose to encourage Bermuda grass to grow in the lawn, and who knows what else. That’s just the off the top of my head list of things that need doing.
=======================================================================

I got the trench dug. Next I’ll need to locate some pipe and extend the water system out to the end of the trench. This will allow me to irrigate this area at the far side of our five acre plot. The blackeyed peas I planted just a few days ago are already coming up. Just a few here and there where there was evidently enough moisture to germinate them. Came in and took my second pain pill for the day and backed up this laptop. Hadn’t done that in a while. What a pain that turned out to be as the external hard drive not only backed up what was on the laptop but also restored all the stuff I’d deleted long ago. Now this computer is once again cluttered full of stuff I don’t want. I don’t have a clue how to keep that from happening every time I back it up.

Great, a fly drowned in my tea as I was dealing with all this. There are lots of flies in the house lately. All those tomatoes sitting in the kitchen draw hundreds of these small gnat kind of flying things so I’ll put them outside. We have all these tomatoes but unfortunately Cherie doesn’t have the time or strength to process them. By the time she comes home from work she’s exhausted. They are already going bad so I need to sort them. But I’ve got so much other stuff to do. I forgot to take a few buckets of them to church to give them away. Then there’s all the peas that were picked a couple of days ago that need to be dealt with. When they are green they go bad quick, real quick. We once had about eighty pounds of them get moldy and nasty in just a few days last year because I thought they would keep longer. They were in an ice chest and I’d closed the lid thinking they would last longer. Come to find out closing the lid made them go bad and they would have lasted longer out in the open, just would have dried up.

Break time’s over. Had a turkey sandwich for lunch and the pain level is back to manageable.

No comments: