Friday, October 01, 2010

It's hard, but I'm blessed anyway

It’s almost 1:00. I had a small slowdown while Linda was here and thought it was a short one. Unfortunately, an hour later, I am struggling to do simple things like make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. My ears are ringing, a sign of bigger slowdowns, and typing this is hard. I think it’s another slowdown, not the first one. That’s ok, it’s a small price to pay for being alive. These don’t happen much anymore. I plan on mowing, a simple task that doesn’t require much thought. Just hope the right leg lasts. When I get tired the paralysis comes out. It does with slow downs too.

Regardless, I am blessed. Those I thought to be friends may reject me or try to take advantage of me, but I am blessed. God loves me no matter what people think of me. I may be poor when it comes to the world’s wealth but I am one of the richest men in the world, for I have life and my wife. I am content with what I have. Someone may shoot my dogs, that hurt deeply and hurt may have been their goal, but I have God and good friends who know Him.

My thoughts are rambling so I will quit this. It’s hard to focus. Will go out and work as long as my body lets me.
Some of our tomato plants. Linda and Sam tied them up for me. How I appreciate the help.

No comments: