Sunday, October 03, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

10/2/10 Saturday
I’ve been up since 5:30 this morning, working on the talk I’m giving at the Kairos Prison ministry that is based on the “Footsteps in the Sand” poem. Today at the training class I give a preview of the talk so that others can critique it and help me make a better presentation. I went online to look up the poem and discovered it had been written in 1936 by a woman named Mary Stevenson, so it was much older than I thought. It’s an interesting story that you ought to look up. She used to make handwritten copies and give them to people who needed comfort. The poem had gotten out and was being used and printed by many companies, always with an “Author unknown” notation on it. It wasn’t until much later, as she was moving out of her house, that she discovered one of the handwritten copies, dated 1939. With that she was able to get her poem copywrited.

No comments: