Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rough spell

It's been a hard day all day but when I walked out and saw this moon I had to get in the truck and line it up with the oil rig. Here, in one picture, we have the two driving forces in Martin county. Oil and Cotton


10/25/07 Thursday
I’m having a pretty rough spell right now. Down to a four on the bob scale. That’s at the point I am wandering around, head out to do a task and forget what I was going to do so end up doing something else, for the moment until something else distracts me. I cut some more wood today. Planted the plants Cherie got from Jen yesterday. Walking is hard, just shuffling around mostly. I’ve pushed through this all day. Kept going. Cherie went to check on some fields so I decided I should come in.

One thing I want to note. Don called me yesterday and said he had some work that needed to be done around the house so asked if I thought Chuck would be interested. “Oh yeah, he’d love to” I replied. It was construction type stuff and Chuck’s good at that. I called Chuck and Lillian about it. Lillian answered so I gave her Don’s number. She is thrilled about it. That got me to thinking. You know Chuck and Lillian aren’t the type to ask for anything and would much rather earn their way. So perhaps work is a better gift than cash.

I’m fading away here pretty bad. These spells take a lot out of me and I’ve kept myself going all day so perhaps I should take a nap.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better this evening. Glad you got the bulbs and seeds planted. The lilies may take two years to bloom, but the blanketflowers will bloom next year. Enjoy! Jen

Eric Siegmund said...

Fantastic photo!

Phelan said...

The photo is wonderful. Hope you are doing better this morning.

Given55 said...

I'm praying for you. You said we had a lot in common when I wrote on my daughters blog "phelan. I've started my own blog. Hope to get to know you. Phelans' mom

i beati said...

You're right Bob. work takes ones minds off dilemnas and makes them feel more contributory, at least me anyhow - inspired photo!!!sandy

Amy E said...

Bob hope you and Cheri are doing okay,,,,,hope to see you posting again soon....

Love,

Amy