Wednesday, July 08, 2009

wrong parts

7/8/09 Wednesday
It’s going to be 104 degrees today. And tomorrow, and a hundred plus Friday. The weeds are growing like crazy now that it rained. Yesterday I took Ben to the vet but his leg hasn’t healed enough to have the pin removed so we take him back in two weeks. I spent a good part of the day running back and forth between Midland and the farm, consistently buying the wrong parts for the tractor and tiller, returning them and exchanging for more wrong parts. Plus I went to a few locations looking for a particular gasket for the tiller that everyone seems to be out of. In frustration I bought an $11.00 roll of gasket material so I can cut out the two dollar gasket I need. Have to get the tiller running, it’s holding things up. The tractor parts are pins and a stabilizer arm for the three point hitch so I can hook up to the old man’s disc without borrowing his parts. Besides, I need these things to hook up to anything else I might get or be able to use. The stabilizer arm doesn’t seem to fit right but I really don’t know what I’m doing. I’ll be taking the hitch pins back to exchange for shorter ones. When I put them in place I could see they are twice as long as I need…I think.

At some point I must go to the courthouse and learn how to approach this ticket. Sure wish I could afford a lawyer just to give some advice. We know a lawyer who’s part of our Sunday school class but I’m not comfortable asking for free advice. I’m sure she gets hit up all the time and knowing she’s busy and all it just doesn’t seem right. This goes back to my not wanting to be viewed as a bum leaching off others. I’ve got a statement written for the judge but don’t know if I should drop it off, go to court, or what. They will tell me I’m sure when I go to the courthouse. There’s a form where you can opt to take a driving class, for over a hundred dollars, and one of the tickets will be dropped. It just grates to have to pay for something I didn’t do. Really goes against my sense of integrity, living by principles, and that justice should be just.

I poop scooped and did my laundry. Doing my laundry helps Cherie out a lot. Today my focus is to get the tiller running but there are a ton of other things that need to be done. The blackeyed peas are doing great and we must pick them at least every other day.

I had a bad slowdown yesterday evening, one that was a definite partial seizure. Fortunately it didn’t last long and surprisingly didn’t totally drain me. There was still two hours of daylight left so it robbed me of working that.

Cherie had a hard day at work so I took her out to eat. That’s not on the budget but it helped her relax. Gotta beat the heat so bye.

No comments: