Monday, August 11, 2008

Hurray! It rained

8/11/08 Monday
Hurray!!! We Got Rain!!! And lots of it. Plus there is a possibility of more at the end of the week so it all bodes well for the fall planting, which I haven’t started yet. That’s my focus for today and the next few days. Not having to spend three hours watering by hand today will help a lot. Three hours is a lot of time for me because I am seldom able to put in a full day of work, especially when it is real hot. The temperatures are just going to hit ninety degrees or so today so that’s a cool day for us. All things considered this will be an excellent day and I hope to get a lot done. I have a slight headache but that’s nothing to me. You know, everything’s relative so compared to the pain levels I often must deal with a mild headache is inconsequential.

That’s it for this morning. I can’t think of anything else to write though I know there’s lots of stuff, so it’s work time.
==================================================
The price of rain is humidity. That makes the eighty nine degree heat pretty sweaty and the air unit doesn’t do more than blow air. The only way to cool down is sit in front of the fan. I got two kinds of green beans planted and am working on making a trellis for the peas. I never got around to making any trellises this year and some of the plants need them to grow well. So I’m going to try and get some made for the fall planting. But I had to come in and drink some fluids and cool off. It’s two o’clock now. Robert, the person we know with leukemia, was rushed to the hospital this afternoon. It not looking good and that is heart wrenching, especially when you know how good of a person he is.

No comments: