Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Exposing the truth

6/17/09 Wednesday
I got out and to work by 7:00 this morning. There’s a fifteen or twenty MPH wind so the sand is blowing. At that speed it’s interesting to see that the blowing sand stays about five or six feet high. That’s just enough to make sure it gets in your eyes and teeth. I don’t mind the sand. Work out in it all the time. It does look kind of cool. I’d take a picture of it but there are more important things to do. Despite having tons of vital things to do around the farm there is something plaguing my mind that I must address. In the realm of things friends are high on the list, at least to me. For that matter people in general are high on my list. Like it says on the plaque I carved “Money and things can disappear in a flash. What has lasting value is the lives you touch”. We have a friend who has been sucked into a scam that has taken $800.00 of his money so far. I’ve spent several hours on researching this con and intended to do some more but didn’t get to it. It’s just like working on my business plan and many other things I need to do on the computer. I always figure I can do it when I finish working outside but I’m always wiped or hurt so much I must lay down so it doesn’t happen. When my laptop was working I kept it by the bed so I could work on it as I lay down. Not having it there has been detrimental. But for this I will put all other needs aside. You will definitely hear more as I work to expose this charlatan who is scamming so many others.
I should have known, actually I’m not surprised, while researching scams I ran into a site that quickly infected this laptop with a Trojan horse. The Spysweeper caught it, or at least parts of it. The thing froze up this laptop and I had to shut the whole thing down by turning off the power. When I turned it back on I immediately ran Spysweeper and it didn’t find anything. Part of the reason is that one of the first things I do when things go nuts online is pull the plug to the internet by switching off the wireless. As soon as I turned on the wireless the Trojan horse came alive and tried to contact whoever sent it. Spysweeper let me know this was happening so I’m offline again and doing a sweep for spyware again. Hope everything gets cleaned up. Not only was there the spyware but also some malware as well. Cherie’s laptop is the last computer working in this house so it would hurt to lose it.

So far Spysweeper has found two Trojan horses. I guess it would be a good time to go work on the farm while the Spysweeper is doing it’s search.

No comments: