Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saw a movie, First 3-D for me.

5/29/10 Saturday
Yesterday we went to see a movie. Haven’t done that in three or four years now. Keep seeing advertisements and saying “Let’s go see that” but never do. However Cherie has had a rough week so I know she needed some levity in her life to break the stress. Plus the widow has been going through major stresses between losing her job and having her grandson going through a divorce and being suicidal, and that’s just part of it, so we called and asked if she would like to go. “I don’t have any money” she said so I told her it was our treat. We went to see Shrek III. There is so little out there that is acceptable to me, so little that is uplifting and isn’t full of sex, murder, and cussing. So mostly what I care to see is kids movies anymore. We’ve seen the other Shrek movies so this looked like a great choice, and it was. I’ve never seen a 3-D movie in my life so that was a first. It was great. The movie has a good message, a moral theme that really worked and applies to life well. The widow enjoyed it as well but the theme may have hit close to home regarding her grandson as it dealt with dissatisfaction in life and marriage. But it gave her a break. The grandson is back at home and is still going through hell with his soon to be ex and others who don’t say things to help or settle him down.

I’ll be going to the widows today and mowing her lawn. The Kairos prison ministry is back down in Fort Stockton at the prison. I wanted to go but it didn’t work out. I intend to stay involved with that but am fighting my depressions and other things as well. Borrowed a cutting torch to use on taking the barn down in Odessa and got fresh tanks of gas for it. Was able to line up some labor for that job so we’re planning on Wednesday. Hope things work out.

That’s all for now.

No comments: