Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bugs in the headlight


Met Cherie for dinner after she got off work. We went to the King and I again but things seemed to have changed. This happened at Moon Garden too. Perhaps we just caught a bad night in both places but the food just wasn’t the same, as in it got bad.

The heat was getting to me today. I was getting pretty light headed and had a hard time thinking clearly. But it might not have been the heat, it could just be one of those spells I go through. The heat certainly was hard on me either way. I could only stay out working in it for an hour at a time. Last night I donned the fisherman’s headlight and kept working after the sun went down. It was still hot, in the 80’s but that was better than 98 degrees. The problem with that headlight is it attracts bugs. With the rains we had there are a lot of bugs flying around. Imagine what it’s like to have a light on your forehead that’s bright enough to light your path and have hundreds of flying things attacking it. All of them brightly illuminated as they smack into the light and your face, the rest flying frantically in front of you. I toughed it out till about ten. The bugs won. I quit. I’ll probably do it again but don’t think it will be tonight. There’s just so much to do and so little time to do it, especially when I can’t work straight through the day.

No comments: