Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10/21/09 Wednesday
It’s raining this morning. Praise God for rain. We’ll take all we can get. It’s supposed to clear up this afternoon so I’ll spend the morning studying wells and ways to hook them up to determine what I will do with ours. I talked to a well guy yesterday and he wasn’t too enthusiastic about my idea of putting a booster pump in to help move more water through the system. So I’ll study.

Cherie looked at her calendar and discovered that there is a conflict with my giving my testimony on Friday. Friday is also the day that the Farm Bureau has their yearly dinner and business meeting. So I’ll have to put off giving the testimony till later. Feel bad about that last minute change and hope it doesn’t cause too much of a problem.
=======================================================
It’s 1:35 now. I studied online how to drill your own well, chatted with my oldest son, Bruce, via Messenger, and called a well drilling guy in Odessa to get a quote. Then I fixed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. After that I went outside to work. This morning, before Cherie left for work I could hear a slowdown in my voice, in how it changes my speech. Didn’t think much of it. I am real slow now. Didn’t realize it till I went outside. And I have a headache too. This sucks but fortunately it doesn’t happen as much as it used to. There were times when I had several slowdowns in a day. Headaches have been bad lately but that may be because I stopped taking the blood pressure medicine they gave me for headaches, not high blood pressure. Just don’t like taking too much medicine, especially for high blood pressure I don’t have. Hope this clears up soon. I’ve got things to do.
========================================================
4:01 – I’m feeling a little better so will go out and try to work. Will dig a trench to connect the garden water system to the well. There’s other things to do but I think it’s best if I keep it simple and focused.

6 comments:

Tana said...

Have you talked to Dusty Choate about your well?? He is in Big Spring. His father was/is Carroll Choate and between them both drilled most of the wells in Big Spring, Stanton, Lamesa, C. City, Sterling City, etc. Its Chaote Well Service.

Bob Westbrook said...

I'll look him up. Thanks

Nate~ said...

Bob you most likely have a flow issue not a pressure issue, its simple Hydrodynamics, a ¾" line will flow twice as much as a ½" line and a 1" line will flow 4 times as much, I run into this alot with Irrigation systems that are put in by the mexicans around here, they run all ½" pipe cause it is cheap and it wont flow worth a damn, those lines you took pictures of are atleast an inch maybe 1¼" and one of those should run 3-5 heads if your pump can provide the GPM requirements of the sprinklers at the recommended pressure call me if you need to 419-351-9475

Bob Westbrook said...

It's 1 1/4 pipe coming in but the well is a half mile away and it's pumping uphill. That's why I'm thinking adding a pump on this end to help increase the GPM.

Bob Westbrook said...

It's 1 1/4 pipe coming in but the well is a half mile away and it's pumping uphill. That's why I'm thinking adding a pump on this end to help increase the GPM.

Amy E said...

Bob, that is what we did, we put in a booster pump. Our pump is a huge irrigation pump, and we pump it into a 1100 gallon holding tank, then use the booster pump to push it to the house. This does help greatly. The flow is out of this world without the booster pump, and the pressure is great without an air tank, but the booster pump definitely helps with the well being far away from the house. It is up hill though, and I think gravity would work, but DH wanted a better result out of the shower, and by adding the booster pump it works.