Saturday, October 03, 2009

Today's the funeral

10/3/09 Saturday
It took seven hours to drive to Georgetown. Georgetown is roughly in the center of Texas and we don’t live on a far edge of the state. It reminds us of how big Texas is. It was an 8 hour drive from Toledo to St Louis and that took us into four states, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri. So we were tired by the time we got here. Unfortunately we were too late to meet my sister and family for dinner. That was a real disappointment. I didn’t have a clue how far of a drive it would be. It was a rush to get what we needed (Including a new dress shirt) and have all the animals set for our absence so we didn’t leave until 1:30.

My sister had read the blog and called me. She explained that the “all of us” was her and mom so I didn’t feel as left out as I did. She also is worried about how my brother and I get along during this, as I am too. I tried to assure her that I have every intention to not be a problem, that my concern was my brother based on the virulence of the letter he wrote me a month ago. It had really surprised me and revealed much of what he thinks so has me wondering. So I’m still worried. I had and have no intention of causing any problems. It’s my dad’s funeral. At least I got one letter, that my brother helped write, from dad, and one phone call before he died. I am grateful for that. Very grateful. But I’m nervous, afraid I’ll say something wrong or in some way offend during this hard time. I’m not used to being afraid of anything. So we’ll pray before we go and I’ll appreciate your prayers as well. Pray for peace.

No comments: