Sunday, October 25, 2009

Glad I checked weather online

10/25/09 Sunday
I’m glad I went online and checked the weather. It said rain and wind tonight with a chance of thundershowers in the morning. I felt something was coming in my bones and with the wind I can hear outside. When I let Cherie know she reminded me that I had six hundred pounds of rye seed setting out. I’m glad she did and threw on some clothes so I could haul it into the garage. I’ll be glad when I get a storage area built so I won’t have stuff laying out. Hell, I need a barn. But I do the best I can with what I’ve got. I’ll build a barn later.

We went to see Bridgette Gabriel this evening at First Baptist, Midland. She’s one of the foremost experts on Islamic extremists in the world. What an eye opener that was. Bridgette was born in Lebanon and endured the massacres of Christians when the extremists took control of that once peaceful country. For seven years as she became a teenager she hid out with her family in bomb shelters and other places as they scratched for food and to survive, expecting death at almost any moment. She founded the ACT organization I’ve been a member of for a month or so now. I’ve published some of their reports on my “What about Bob” blog.

The tractor worked better without the load of dirt in the bucket. But it was spitting and sputtering towards the end today. I’ll have to go over it tomorrow or whenever the weather clears to see if there’s anything I can find that might help it run better. It's gonna get cold tonight and the high is only going to be 59 tomorrow.

No comments: