Monday, February 27, 2006


I’m home now. Took Allen to family services to start the process of getting him enrolled so he can get help. We waited in line for quite a while and when we got to the guy behind a computer terminal were told that they stopped taking new applications at noon. He said they only accept a limited number of applications a day and suggested we get there at 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning. That will be hard for Allen because he generally doesn’t get up till 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon but that’s the way it is. Allen didn’t gripe about having to get up early at all, which surprised me. He thanked me for everything I was doing and gave me a DVD of the battle of Britain. I said “Allen, don’t buy me stuff” because it made me a bit uncomfortable. Allen seems to be very sincere about getting help and understands that he cannot continue self medication for his pain.
I took him home after all that. Allen is so isolated he wasn’t even aware that there had been a big bust of terrorists here in Toledo last week. I told him all about it and some of the other things going on in the world outside his narrow realm. All he knows is what he gets on his satellite TV and he doesn’t even watch national news.
I’ll have to call him and get him up early tomorrow.
I hurried home because I was to meet Cherie at the gym today. I washed the dishes and grabbed my gym bag, heading out to the YMCA. I got there and suited up but Cherie never made it. She was so worn from the emotional strain of her family reading my blog and my just getting a little honest with them that she came home from work and went to sleep. I did a quick workout and came home. She was still asleep when I got here so I was quiet to not wake her.
She’s awake now and I apologized again for causing her so much anguish. I said I wasn’t sorry for what I said to her family because it needed to be said, just for the problems it cause for her. My hope is still that her family get it together. I feel that sometimes a little bluntness is needed to get a point across. It worked with Allen and many others I have known. A little kick in the ass and dose of reality can wake you up. I had to die and go into a coma to wake up.

No comments: